Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swap Your Vintage Ties!!!

DamianM

Vendor
Here are some Im willing to trade
all 30s
2 summer wemblys
2 jacquard's/brocades
il_570xN.699969109_bj0o.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
If I find that one, don't think it is going to get there unaccompanied. :p

Any news on the tie? My autumn leaf tie is just waiting to make its way to its spiritual home!

If you can't find the one we'd agreed on, I'd be happy with something else. You know the type of 'boring' ties that I like.

Annixter

Practically Family
Looking through more of my collection, I found just about the most interesting design one can hope for from a 50's/60's skinny. I'm willing to put it up for trade. It has a lot of brocading/embroidery. Unlined. 2-1/2" wide x 53-1/2" long. Excellent condition.

Last edited:

Annixter

Practically Family
^ Tell me about it. Wherever I found it, I must have kept it because it's in immaculate condition and because of the "bolder" brocade and embroidery.

d0d2b3ca4a01f50d3f47288202853794.jpg

94829c244c89a27ebb50d53bfacb546e.jpg

The two Botany ties are wool, the Wembley is 'Nor-East' anti-crush fabric, whatever that is. It is a deep burgundy color, the other two are a medium brown and a dark pine green.

a732bbd6cb1259692cabb7a0636cc766.jpg

743b699800daf3654623cec290637bb2.jpg

5bb5390d3543b781c06d8fe76e05c801.jpg

The store on the label operated in Birmingham under that name from 1889 until 1934, so it wouldn't be any newer than early mid 30s. It does have some damage, clearly shown in the last photo.

For you connoisseurs of subtlety out there, I would consider swapping all three of the unlined, solid-color ties for one a little more outré.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Here's a few gents. Let me know if you're interested in any:
'A Selftip Tie' - I have another with a red stripe rather than salmon too but I may keep that one.

This is the one that was over on the 'Show us your ties' thread. Made by 'Wembley'.

This is an all wool 'Abtex', 'Croftweave' tie - a bit narrower and at 56". The colours are great though.

This is not a vintage one I don't *think*. 'Tranbourne', measures in at 51" though, polyester, and makes a decent knot.

No label on this one, pretty short, and feels to me like silk - it's very substantial and quite heavy. Textured weave on the front and plain on the back.

Any questions please ask! Feel free to PM. I'll post more in a minute or two...

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Here's some more:
This is a 'Vivax' Terylene with a shop label: 'Hyde Park 4330 - H. Fisher - 285, Regent Street, London W.I.'. Decent width and 54".

An odd one. No labels, I'm assuming it's hand-knitted. Pretty short length, unlined (but adhered down) and I assume wool.

This one is pretty cool. Rough, almost denim-like texture, it's an 'All wool by Trend of London' tie. Lightly stained however as you can see from the photos. But would be covered if you wore a waistcoat or pullover.

No label on this one, but certainly feels like silk. About 54", it has a nice wide blade but tapers off to accommodate a regular-sized knot.

And lastly, a cravat that someone has over-pressed in the past. Can't tell if silk or acetate, but I can throw this in to sweeten a deal if someone would like.

Again, post on here or PM me if you're interested!
Thanks for looking.
Eddie

Annixter

Practically Family
Hi Eddie, Would you be interested in trading your Wembley for B C or E from my post #80, DD from post #95, or the brown tie from post #126?

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Eddie: I'm interested in the blue with white and orange stripes and the hand knit. What are you after? Let me know colours and types etc and I'll see what i can do.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Annixter - sorry but I'm afraid that one got snapped early!
TT - the striped one is spoken for I'm afraid, but the hand knit is yours. I like fairly subdued colours, in wool or silk (or tebilized rayon ). Generally the more 'British' patterns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points