Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swap Your Vintage Ties!!!

Papperskatt

Practically Family
I've got a cotton Tootal "Red Quality" tie that I'd like to trade for another "boring" tie.

Foto 2015-03-29 11 24 30.jpg Foto 2015-03-29 11 24 39.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Annixter - sorry but I'm afraid that one got snapped early!
TT - the striped one is spoken for I'm afraid, but the hand knit is yours. I like fairly subdued colours, in wool or silk (or tebilized rayon  ). Generally the more 'British' patterns.

do either of these interest you? They are both British. The blue one is by 'Regal Aire' and is most likely from the 1950s, the red is by 'Vardoc' and dates to the mid 1960s or maybe later.
british%20swaps_zpsrnqwrwyy.jpg

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's one that I would consider swapping. It's by 'Bluestone' and has a cog design - a good tie for any engineers among you. What I really want is a striped Palm Beach tie or something in a similar style:
cogs_zpst3nlzphd.jpg

Last edited:

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Here's a couple. Both the same apart from colour, I think they are a Rayon weave. Measuring in at 50" long and 3" wide at the blade. No labels to speak of. TwoTypes - the blue one looks uncannily like the French one on the left you posted.

Eddie Derbyshire

Practically Family
Some more.
This I believe is silk, unlined, 52" long and 2 1/4" wide at the blade. No labels, very supple fabric:

These are two 'Suprama, Rhodia' ties - both unlined, both 50" long and 3" wide, and both with the same labels (I've just flipped them for the photos). They aren't in fantastic condition - the darker one has been pressed poorly and will need a little attention, and the lighter one has a little fraying at the small end. I've tried to read up and I think 'Rhodia' is an old form of cellulose acetate used by European companies - presumably very similar to rayon, and these ties certainly do feel like that.

I don't mind swapping both these Supramas for one nice one, or for two other 'fixer-uppers'.

Thanks!
Eddie

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Righto TwoTypes. Regarding the one you posted - it's OK but I'm not a fan of ties with the frayed edges. I've got a few already and I don't really wear them. Let me know if you find anything else :)

The blue tie is going in the post today. Since I don't have anything else for you at the moment, can I please have the red squares tie, rather than the red and green knit?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21