Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch Moto Jacket brief review

Vince in Philly

Familiar Face
I've been looking for a cool weather leather jacket for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a lightly used Taylor Stitch Moto Jacket in Whiskey Steerhide. I read some reviews that suggested you need to size up, but I think it fits true to size. I wear a size 38 suit, and the medium Moto Jacket fits me perfectly through the chest and shoulders. My shirt sleeve length is 33", and I find the jacket sleeves slightly long, although this is probably to be expected for a motorcycle inspired jacket.

The steerhide is buttery soft, and the jacket is not painfully heavy like horsehide. It's well insulated in both the body and sleeves, so I expect it will be quite warm for leather. The jacket seems very well made and is on par with my Schott and Eastman jackets. I really like the two-way zipper, too. I could probably do without the bi-swing back, but it does make a trim fit jacket more comfortable to move around in. The soft finish is likely to scar and scuff, but hopefully that will just add character to the jacket over time. So far I'm pleased with the purchase but will know more when the cold weather comes. Sorry no fit pics.

Sorry no fit pics.
IMG_1158.GIF

Powerband

Practically Family
A word is worth a thousand pictures. So no worries! People here don’t like pictures to go along with threads. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
I own one of their shirts and it is pretty well made. I stopped in the brick n mortar to see the moto jacket in person. The sales person couldn’t have been more bored with me being there. It was a short stop.

Thought we had enough pics of middle aged guys wearing expensive leather jackets :) but here you go. No idea why this is rotated or how to fix. Sorry

View attachment 134869

If not here, where else, then!? :D

That's an exceptionally good looking jacket, though! Post more pics of it! If you absolutely don't want to add up to the middle aged guys wearing expensive leather jackets photo counter, just the jacket will do.

marmalademan

Banned
If my mother was on this thread she would tell you mean boys that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

Nice jacket Vince, as are the two I see you've just posted in the classifieds. Unfortunately I'm a bit bigger than you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR