Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor's police jacket sale

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I didn't see any mention of this here or in the Merchants forum.

http://taylorsleatherwear.com/shop.php#!/FACTORY-BLOW-OUT-SALE

Lots of different models of their police jackets, in a full range of sizes, for $199. And some one-offs in particular sizes for even less.

The only personal experience I have with Taylor's jackets wasn't great (a long time ago, I got a $99 closeout G-1 that didn't fit, so I returned it), but I know they're considered a decent maker in this field. I don't think I'll be getting one (I am currently unemployed, and even this sort of bargain is hard to justify), but I figured some of you folks might want to jump on them.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
These look nice, appears most are now made in Pakistan, so a change from the days when these were all made in Tennessee.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for posting this, which reminded me to take a look through their site again. I'm pleased to see they've upgraded their photography considerably: they used to have just a 3/4 view, but now they've added front, back, side, and detail photos of each jacket, which really helps to show off their wares. the long NYPD highway coat always beckons to me. They seem to have dropped their A2 and G1 jackets, though.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
FYI, they've dropped the Factory Blow Out Sale price to $99 until midnight 12/31. Still lots of models/sizes available.

I recently got myself one of their "Chicago" jackets, and was quite impressed with the quality at $199. At $99, these are an absolute steal!

Sorry, I've got no pics of mine yet... But it's a very solid, heavy jacket: thick cowhide, very warm (Thinsulate lining, fuzzy pile kidney panel, and tight knit wristlets), with five - count 'em! - inside pockets. No, the cowhide isn't comparable to that of a $500+ jacket - the matte black topcoat is thick, the grain's nothing special - but it's thick and serviceable.

Sizing in this XL Long isn't quite right for my short-and-wide frame: it's got more chest/shoulders/back than I need and is a little tight at the waist hips (though I expect the elastic in the side panels to loosen up with wear)... but that's not unusual for me (I'm 5'8", 205 lbs.) I had them shorten the sleeves (for an extra $25) and they're nearly perfect. No tax, free shipping, and it shipped two hours after I ordered it... even with the sleeve alteration!

Anyway, if you've got a hankering for a brand new, tough police/moto jacket that's warm enough for winter wear, these are definitely worth $99.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
^ Thanks for the update. The $99 jackets include some of their mainline jackets, although the sizes available at $99 are hit or miss, but I agree if they have your size then it's the deal of the year for sure. The 3/4 NYPD highways coats never seem to be on sale, though.

Peacoat

Bartender
This $99 sale is a really good deal. The jackets used to be made down the road from me in sleepy little Tullahoma, TN. Don't know what the quality is now, but back then they were a well made jacket. I imagine the quality is about the same, as the company has a reputation to maintain.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Finally got some wear pictures of my new "Chicago":

TaylorChicago1.jpg TaylorChicago2.jpg TaylorChicago3.jpg TaylorChicago4.jpg TaylorChicago5.jpg TaylorChicago6.jpg

This is a really nice jacket for $199. If you're lucky enough to find one of their jackets in your size while they're just $99, you can't go wrong!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
That's a fine looking jacket and should outlast you!
The Chicago design is nice because it doesn't have the side zips like all their other short jackets do.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
This $99 sale is a really good deal. The jackets used to be made down the road from me in sleepy little Tullahoma, TN. Don't know what the quality is now, but back then they were a well made jacket. I imagine the quality is about the same, as the company has a reputation to maintain.
Their jackets are made in Pakistan now, but I'm sure you're right about quality, I've not notice any differences in current jackets vs later USA made jackets from what I've seen listed on e-bay, etc.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
With my big gut/hips, the bottom is a bit tight: I'd be fine with those side zips! Actually, I think the elastic side panels will stretch a little with break-in and wear.

This is a XL Long, which I didn't need (it meant taking 4" off the sleeves rather than 2"), but there were no XL Regs available. But I'm totally fine with this being a hip-length rather than waist-length jacket. (Of course, it's supposed to be short enough to ride above an equipment belt, vs. their longer jackets that include loops for them. Either way, I don't have one!)

Yeah, this jacket is a keeper. Excellent value for the sale price. (Now that I've handled one, I'd say these jackets are very fairly priced at their normal rates.)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
What an elegant jacket. Right now I'm thinking about being awarded one of those if I ever became a police officer. Something along the lines of "to serve, protect, and get a cool jacket". So wrong.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
With my big gut/hips, the bottom is a bit tight: I'd be fine with those side zips! Actually, I think the elastic side panels will stretch a little with break-in and wear.

This is a XL Long, which I didn't need (it meant taking 4" off the sleeves rather than 2"), but there were no XL Regs available. But I'm totally fine with this being a hip-length rather than waist-length jacket. (Of course, it's supposed to be short enough to ride above an equipment belt, vs. their longer jackets that include loops for them. Either way, I don't have one!)

Yeah, this jacket is a keeper. Excellent value for the sale price. (Now that I've handled one, I'd say these jackets are very fairly priced at their normal rates.)
I think you're better off with the longer torso length. If you've seen photos of these jackets being worn by police you'll realize they're actually really short and wouldn't even cover your belt!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
It appears that the $99 sale did NOT end at midnight 12/31. The sale page is still showing prices of $99. Just now, I was able to select a jacket at that price and get through to the payment details page without getting flagged that the price had changed (though I canceled out at that point, it might still happen on the final verification page).

So if anybody is considering getting one of these cool police jackets, it looks like many sizes/styles are still available for $99.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
FYI, Taylor's had said last week that the sale was extended to yesterday... But the sale page and $99 prices are still there this morning, with many styles/sizes available.

Just sayin'...

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Reviving this thread because I got an email that Taylor's is having a 30% off everything sale until Xmas.

I just ordered a casual, letterman-style wool/leather jacket that was already on closeout - with the sale, just $55!

f2002q

One of the Regulars
Reviving this thread because I got an email that Taylor's is having a 30% off everything sale until Xmas.

I just ordered a casual, letterman-style wool/leather jacket that was already on closeout - with the sale, just $55!

Wow, this place looks good for a no-nonsense jacket on the cheap. Much better that the eBay deals !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21