Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Teaser pics -- new custom leather jacket almost done..

lina

Practically Family
Just got these near final pics of my incoming custom leather jacket, made by Dave Sheeley. I will post final pics once the jacket arrives, and tell it's story. But for now, it's looking very good indeed to me...

sheeley%20jacket%201_zps1igztyjj.jpg

sheeley%20jacket%202_zpschbsjrha.jpg

sheeley%20jacket%204_zpstvfah8li.jpg
sheeley%20jacket%203_zpse2r2l0rk.jpg

sheeley%20jacket%205_zps6lbfneia.jpg

Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting, says Photobucket. In other words, we can't see the pics. Please upload someplace else. ImgBB is pretty cool!

lina

Practically Family
Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting, says Photobucket. In other words, we can't see the pics. Please upload someplace else. ImgBB is pretty cool!

Ah,okay, will do when I am off my phone later and on a computer. Sorry. Photo bucket has always worked in the past and looked like it was working when I posted but guess it needs some attention from me... So, I’m really AM teasing here..

Ah,okay, will do when I am off my phone later and on a computer. Sorry. Photo bucket has always worked in the past and looked like it was working when I posted but guess it needs some attention from me... So, I’m really AM teasing here..

You can see the photos but others can't. Photobucket used to be okay but they've recently disabled 3rd party hosting or hot-linking, if you will - or rather, they've began charging for the service. $399 per year to be exact. Move that would've made sense five years ago...

lina

Practically Family
Love the details on this one; those flap pockets <3 It doesnt have side panels, either, does it?

That’s right, no side panels. When I get the jacket in hand — probably in a few days or so— I’ll give it’s story and inspiration jackets. But the pockets were inspired by Terry Mitchell’s very cool Rough Wear!

lina

Practically Family
Oh God damnit!!! ******** IT!!!!! I knew it was a cross zip. Amazing!!! Insane!! Full details and a review worth encyclopedia brittanica is both expected and deserved. That's just awesome @lina !!! What a jacket!

Yes, as handymike has noticed it’s not cross zip but button front. The pics are a little misleading though because all the buttons aren’t on yet. These are just near finished pics that Dave has sent me. Very close though..

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
That’s right, no side panels. When I get the jacket in hand — probably in a few days or so— I’ll give it’s story and inspiration jackets. But the pockets were inspired by Terry Mitchell’s very cool Rough Wear!

Awesome. Just perfect. That's the ultimate level of quality, you barely ever see that. My father owns a late 40s leather coat that my grandfather had made from his first paycheck, custom made and fitted in Offenbach, back then the "leather city" of Germany, identical to what Glashütte is to watchmaking and it is literally the only coat I have seen in person that had a half-belt back and no side panels.. requires bigger pieces of leather and skill to set it together I guess, but it pays off. The jacket forms to the body way better, due to being less rectangular.

Congratulations to this amazing piece. Cannot wait to see fit pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21