Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Telegram" style emails

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Yup...and was very satisfied

BinkieBaumont said:
Has anyone tried this or similar greeting email sites, this looks rather good but can;t get the bally thing to work, I'm on a Mac?

http://www.retro-gram.com/choose.html

Binkie--
I used these folks about 5 years ago to send "authentic" invitations to a 1930s Skeet shoot to folks I thought would appreciate it. I am Mac-based as well.

I had no difficulties dealing with them; the stuff was sent out on time and I had the opportunity to examine the "telegrams" when some of the lads brought theirs to the shoot.

Highest recommendations.

"Skeet" McD

Practically Family
Go straight to the source....

BinkieBaumont said:
When I use it and select a style it just says :rage: not found.

Hmmmmm. Me too. I had occasion to correspond with the creator of this weird and great thing at the time (a few years ago) and, on a different matter, within the year. His name is Sean Branney, and I found him pleasant, funny, and helpful. Try the contact email on the page; hopefully it can be sorted out. Here's another email for him, and the one I used must recently:

branney YOUKNOWWHATGOESHERE cthulhulives.org

Good luck!
"Skeet"

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Jedburgh OSS said:
Is there a website available to download that?

There used to be, but it's gone now...however, I downloaded the zip file a few years ago, and I still have it on my hard drive; it's got printable pdf envelopes, plus 3 editable flash files you can use to write the V-mails (the instructions are included in the zip) ...PM your email address, and I can send it to you!;)
Rob

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've saved a blank telegraph sheet as stationary in my email program. If I wish to send a "telegram", I pull up that piece of stationary, fill in all the blanks, write my message (stop). Off goes the email/telegram - suitable for printing!

By the way, the last time I actually sent a real telegram was in March of 1980. It was an anniversary greeting to John & Yoko in Palm Beach wishing them many, many more. Lennon died the following December.

-dixon cannon

JimInSoCalif

One of the Regulars
Talbot said:
www.telegramstop.com

Cost money, but is a hardcopy telegram delivered the old fashioned way. I haven't used it yet, just heard today.

Talbot

I might be wrong, but I think we no longer have telegrams in this country. I believe Western Union only offers money transfer service now. I have lived in the same place for over 40 years and no longer even know where they still have an office.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn