Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks for the memories...

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
That is part of life. Some relationships change and some grow. We all experience it. We walk down the road of life together and enjoy each others company...but some people move. Some change jobs. We say farewell and wish them success in their pursuits. Some stay in touch. Some return and some we never see again. Things rarely stay exactly the same with no change.

But... but... but... wanting things to be exactly the same for ever and anon is why we came to the Fedora Lounge. :eek:

Unless you're not talking about clothes. ;)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Marc, Rob- You two have really been style icons for me in your time here. Inspirational to a young man new to the vintage lifestyle. Your bank of knowledge amazes me still. Hopefully, our paths will cross again.
Marc, I turn twenty one in 3.5 short years...we can crack the absinthe open then!
And Rob, I still have your phone number. A vanilla malt next time I'm in the neighborhood?

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Its GOOD to Remember!

1. PADDY, thanks for posting Havershaw's FL thread on Howard Hughes Office in LARGE letters. Read a bio on Hughes, see "The Aviator" & look at this thread very exciting. Should be required viewing for ALL new & old FL members who haven't seen it. :eusa_clap

2. Mr. "H" , Brian thats a great pic of You & Wildroot have good Vintage time on the QM. Always enjoyed those pics of you cats riding around in Roots Packard doing Vintage stuff on your visit. Always looked forward to photos of Roots adventures. :eusa_clap

SC :)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
[QUOTE="Doc" Devereux]There's going to be a big Chevalier-shaped hole around here for a long time, Marc.[/QUOTE]Like the Grand Canyon.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Solid Citizen said:
Mr. "H" , Brian thats a great pic of You & Wildroot have good Vintage time on the QM. Always enjoyed those pics of you cats riding around in Roots Packard doing Vintage stuff on your visit. Always looked forward to photos of Roots adventures. :eusa_clap

SC :)

Hey P., great to hear from you!

Here's H 'n 'Root:

LAwithRootandMatt010.jpg

Here's Matt Deckard and WR:

LAwithRootandMatt013.jpg

What a sweet ride....

:)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Whoa

Caught this thread late. Root and Marc leaving?
Fedora and mthatter gone? gee. This site is certainly
impoverished by their absence.

Since this is Root's thread, let me say I have always
greatly appreciated his contributions, the breadth of
his interests, and his spirit here.

My interest in this site is much diminished by these departures.

farnham54

A-List Customer
MK,

That list of names brings back memories to the days when I lurked; I recall MK being the first guy I talked to about joining COW (before discovering this place), asking if I could use spray laundry starch as a hat stiffener--I still havn't had the guts to try it :D despite having a few names on that list encourage me to do so and help me out.

Like he said, folks--friendships are made, relationships enjoyed, but time passes and things change. Root--it was a pleasure meeting you at the QM2005; The hour or so spent on the curb looking at your vintage stuff was a real joy. Vintage stuff in the back of a heckuva nice car, I might add. Your contributions will me missed.

Same to you, Marc--I've quite enjoyed your posting over the tenure.

There ain't nobody that can come in and replace these folks, but the nature of any group like this is we're bound to see some more characters popping their heads in as well as old friends come back when the time is right for them. Chin up folks.

"See you later"--not goodbye. All the best on your future adventures.

Cheers
Craig

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I understand your motivation Wild Root. We all ebb and flow with interests regarding various things. We outgrow them, move on and whatnot. Sometimes we rediscover old interests and perhaps that will be the case with you. Be cool.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I will miss both you fellows -- I have, in the 2 years or so I have been contributing to this site, enjoyed the photos, comments, the humor, the knowledge of Wildroot, and Marc was also such a savvy contributor.

My best to both of you, please drop in from time to time.

karol

Force, Flow and Fields

There are social dynamics at work everyday in all of your interactions with everyone you contact. Sometimes you are lucky to meet people that inspire you, who have grace in their interactions with others and who's greatest gifts are how they make you feel better about yourself. Wildroot is just such a person as are many here. Full of encouragement and a shining example of how to treat others. They pass along their knowledge freely with a joyful heart to see others gain from their experience and their joy is one that comes from service to others in that sharing.

I hope Wildroot and the others consider this a sabbatical, time off to clear the head, pursue other things and be able to be refreshed. I hope to see them back, that the door is not closed and that you know you are always welcome just as the Father waits for the Prodigal Son.

I would hope to say this is not good bye but until we meet again.

Sincere best wishes,

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Wildroot & Marc,

You both will be missed. Wildroot, you are one of my heros here in the lounge. You gave me hope of achieving what I want with the Golden Era. I will e-mail you soon.

Somebody grab Matt Deckard before he escapes as well.

Calling all cars, calling all cars. Be on look out for bartenders trying to escape. The use of excessive violence in apprehending the the Bartenders has been approved.lol lol

Gray Ghost

Hondo

One Too Many
I hope you find what your looking for, next time (perhaps next year) I’m in La, La Land, I would enjoy meeting you, over lunch, I don't call "Friends" (people leave for whatever reason, family or pursuits), anyway I call you a friend of mine, and I don't give this title out to many, I;ve enjoyed your posts, threads, Like wise dude, PM me, chat some time. Thanks for everything, Best Regards,
I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!:cheers1:

photobyalan

A-List Customer
As I've only been occasionally visiting lately, I just now stumbled upon this thread.

It's no wonder some of the bulwarks of The Lounge have decided to either scale back their postings or exit entirely. In Root's case, 5,600 posts in the span of 3+ years amounts to an average of more than 4 posts a day, every day, for around 1200 days. Four posts may not seem excessive, but when you consider how long it takes to read threads and compose a coherent posting (assuming one wishes to make coherent postings!), that's a heck of a lot of time to spend in a lounge, especially one where alcohol is not served and there's no live music.:D

Personally, I don't see the need to make a clean break and renounce one's membership in a virtual place like The Fedora Lounge, where a person can come and go unnoticed and contribute, or not, as he pleases. However, I don't know the circumstances behind the scenes and Root indicated that there were some bad feelings that contributed to his decision.

At any rate, I think the Lounge will be different without Wild Root and the others who have decided to leave. Whether it will be worse (or better) without them will be for the historians to decide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy