Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THANKSgiving to Bartenders and 'Guys In Charge'

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I've noticed a couple of recent "Suspended" tags under some historically offensive posters' names and I'd like to thank those who run the Lounge for taking such action. They've also been kind enough to neaten up some threads that needed editing of off-topic entries.

I've never actually joined any forums (until this one) although I have read parts of several out there. Now, I'm no angel but I just don't feel comfortable in or attracted to environments where hostility and vulgarity are the norm. That behavior is, well, dumb.

The point is that The Fedora Lounge has a level of maturity and class that is refreshing. It continues to be as such even though, occasionally someone who is more suited to the other kinds of forums gets lost and stumbles in here.

The combination of the many good members and the management here keep this site interesting and civilized.

Thanks for your efforts, and take a bow, boys! :eusa_clap

Woodfluter

Practically Family
In Quaker parlance, "friend Gene speaks to my condition". Or in other terms, I couldn't have said it better. Let me add my appreciation to everyone for keeping this such a friendly and civil place to hang out, and wish you all a very happy and meaningful Thanksgiving.

= Bill

P.S. If I may, also a hope for forgiveness and understanding...none of us are perfect, we all have our odd moments, and we all have something to learn.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Indeed/Quite so

Thankyou Gene! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

To all bartenders, MK, and fellow members....Thanks a million for this place!

Nolan

New in Town
Thank You

These people put in a massive amount of effort behind the scenes to make this place an enjoyable place to visit. Add my "Thank You" to the list.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I may, I too add my thank you and my appreciation for the efforts of Mr. MK and all of the leaders of the Fedora Lounge and its members. This is the only such place on the internet where I have ever felt comfortable to post pictures of myself and my surroundings.

I stumbled into the Fedora Lounge a bit over a year ago from one of the vendor's website when I was buying a fedora that was my first. As I lurked and read and found myself becoming more comfortable here, I decided to join and learn and subsequently spend more money than I ever thought I would on fedoras. lol I've also learned to love hats, enjoy them, and perhaps do some small part in preserving their place in our history.

Again, thank you all for this source of entertainment and enjoyment.

Best regards,
BobC

rrog

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
The point is that The Fedora Lounge has a level of maturity and class that is refreshing. It continues to be as such even though, occasionally someone who is more suited to the other kinds of forums gets lost and stumbles in here.

The combination of the many good members and the management here keep this site interesting and civilized.

Thanks for your efforts, and take a bow, boys! :eusa_clap

+1 for me too.

rrog

tortswon

Practically Family
The Lounge

The Moderators and members here make me feel like I am in a fine Lounge when I am here. Thanks to you all from a newb. Happy Thanksgiving! Best, Sam

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Thank you so much and Happy Thanksgiving!

All so true! There have been quite a few angry types on lately...and now is a good time to make sure it doesn't say "suspended" under my name:D :D :D
Happy Thanksgiving all!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GWD

One Too Many
I couldn't agree more, although.....I have to admit, there have been times when I've been temped to be a little more rowdy than would be permitted here.

Nevertheless, thank you to you all....this is by far the most informative forum I've ever been a part of. There are several of you here that I consider to be friends and I'm in awe of the knowlege and talent of the people that are members here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gary

Razzman

One Too Many
I'll drink to that Gene:cheers1: Well said. I have alway found that FL members are quite civilized, and more than willing to share their knowledge of hats. Each and everyone is to be commended for their knowledge and willingness to share.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
All so true! There have been quite a few angry types on lately...and now is a good time to make sure it doesn't say "suspended" under my name:D :D :D
Happy Thanksgiving all!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
shakeshead lol Oh good mine doesn't say suspended either!

Even the swankiest joints gotta have bouncers!lol
I should have said thanks to them a few months ago when there seemed to be a few mean spirited troublemakers that were antagonizing members. The Bartenders took care of it and it has been quite a nice time on here.

Written versus Spoken

The art of polite and deep conversation are both alive and well here on the Lounge. One thing I can say is that we tend to be polite here but also know that over time things can happen. One of the greatest difficulties comes up in spirited threads. As the speedy replies come in, sometimes the writer forgets that, what we are reading does not always come off as it would if spoken. When spoken we get inflection and the emotion and especially if you see the speakers facial expressions you know where it is coming from.

That is where here the written witty repartee can suffer, what was a joke or playful tweak of a nose is misunderstood and then things get out of hand.:eek:

I'd like to suggest that in spirited debate when using wittisisims and jokes, use the emoticons liberally so the spirit in which something is written is not taken incorrectly. :rage: :p [huh] :eusa_doh:

Also "gentle correction" tends to win out over a total stomping of opposing opinion or mis-stated fact. There are ways to make a point diplomatically so it doesn't come off as an outright ATTACK. One thing is if you come up with an opposing view, explaning some of the "whys" helps people to understand the viewpoint. That helps so much because then people understand, clarity in the whys can help in discussions.

Thank goodness for the bartenders, they have done well and are pretty good referees.:eusa_clap

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I would also like to throw in my thanks to the bartenders and to the other members of the Lounge. I only visit two forums online, and of the two, this is the one I post on much more often. I think the combined interest of the bartenders and all the other members makes this place so great. I hope everyone has a Great Thanksgiving! :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Miss Neecerie, allow me to please beg your pardon and to rephrase: Take a bow guys -- and dolls! Don't see you much over here. Glad you dropped by and served one up!

John in Covina, you've got a good handle on it. I have 'bad hair days' like everyone else but the judicious application of the rules around here keeps me in touch with my mannerly side - most of the time. :rolleyes:

I think there may also be one other factor you overlooked which contributes to some of the more disturbing behavior that sometimes slips in: Amateur league alcohol consumption. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland