Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

BJonas

One of the Regulars
The worst case of having a song in my head was when I had "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers in my head. This song is just one long hook, and there's nothing elso to it. Now, admittedly, I liked the song (and still do, despite this incident), but this thing was in my head for a week straight. It would wake me up in the middle of the night, it infiltrated my dreams, and really began to drive me a little nuts (ever hear of Schumann the composer? "He suffered perpetually also from imagining that he had the note A sounding in his ears."- Wikipedia). Finally, I had to distance myself from the radio and listen to nothing but instrumental music. It sounds silly, but when I had dark circles under my eyes from this thing, I knew it was potentially threatening to my well being.

Weird.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all
It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss
It was only a kiss

I had that same thing happen with seven nation army. It was in my head for close to a week. near drove me mad.

koopkooper

Practically Family
I just wish it wasn't always some ringtone from a kid I was stuck next to on the train that got 20 calls in the space of a 25 minute train ride, I should get "in the mood" by Glen M just to get some revenge on the sons of motherless goats, unfortunatly I beleive ringtones are up there with Customised number plates.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I swung the election

I swung the election, babe
That's no small order
(somethinsomethinsomethin)
From Canada tooo the Mexican border...

-written by Glenn Miller for Jack Teagarden, 1939
-one of the first dozen Columbia red label 78s
-you heard it if you saw the documentary War Room

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
aristocats

a square with a horn makes you wish you weren't born
everytime he plays
put a square in the act, you can set music back
to the cave man days (do do da dum do lae)
oh, everybody wants to be a cat
cause a cat's the only cat
who knows where it's at
everybody's picking up on that feline beat
cause everything else is obsolete

-this is what happens when you're stuck with little kids during rainy weather:eusa_doh:

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
One of the personalities on my favourite radio station just released a CD compilation of 12 songs from the 60's and early 70's. One of those songs, "It's Cold Outside" by the Choir, triggered something in my subconscious. I know I've heard the song in my early childhood, but I can't exactly tell you when or where (most likely at my grandparents' house; my uncle probably had the 45). The song was a big Midwestern hit in 1967(especially in Cleveland and Chicago).

Well, my world used to be sunny
And jokes used to be funny,
But now you're gone, and everything's turned all 'round.
Well, my world used to be warm
And there never was a storm,
But now you're gone, and everything's turned upside down.

And now it's cold outside, and the rain is pouring down,
And the leaves are turning brown, can't you see
That now it's cold outside, and it's all because of you
'Cause there's nothing I can do to make you love me.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I hate to admit it but I have circus music running through my head all day and every day for months now! This is not a joke... I think it is because my job gets kind of like a 3 ring circus at times.

Brooksie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925