Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

FedoraGent

One Too Many
"There's Frost on the Moon" - Artie Shaw

I've had this doggone song going through my head for nearly two weeks. "There's Frost on the Moon" by Artie Shaw. To see if I could rid myself of it, I listened to Tommy Dorsey and Chick Webb's version and it just won't leave me.

FG.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
FedoraGent said:
I've had this doggone song going through my head for nearly two weeks. "There's Frost on the Moon" by Artie Shaw. To see if I could rid myself of it, I listened to Tommy Dorsey and Chick Webb's version and it just won't leave me.

FG.

You listened to Tommy Dorsey and Chick Webb's version of "There's Frost on the Moon" to get Artie Shaw's version of "There's Frost on the Moon" out of your head? Isn't that kind of like using coffee to remove a cappuccino stain from your tie? :D

Lee

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Ahem...

I also listened to the Artie Shaw version as well...

MrNewportCustom said:
You listened to Tommy Dorsey and Chick Webb's version of "There's Frost on the Moon" to get Artie Shaw's version of "There's Frost on the Moon" out of your head? Isn't that kind of like using coffee to remove a cappuccino stain from your tie? :D

Lee

Flivver

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
I happened to turn on our local public radio station last night, where I heard a flossy little semi-classical waltz piece called "The Student's Waltz," and have been humming it ever since. And sometimes I even sing the lyrics, which were added much later:

"My beer is Rheingold, the Dry Beer
Think of Rheingold whenever you buy beer
It's not bitter, not sweet
It's the dry flavor treat
Won't you try extra dry Rheingold Beer!"

So *that's* where the tune comes from!

As a child, I was captivated by beer, car and cigarette advertising I heard on the radio or TV...and this Rheingold ad was one of my favorites. At age six, I would run around the house singing these ads. I think my parent's were quite concerned.

Today, I neither drink nor smoke. But the car part...well that's a different story!

Another favorite:

"No-one can bring back the good old days, but Pabst has brought back the beer...Origibal Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer!" ca. 1959

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
moonlight serenade, glenn miller, i can put that song on loop lately and never stop listening to it.

thats so funny someone posting above having ave maria stuck in their head! for about three weeks following christmas i had this 1940s version of sinatra singing it TOTALLY stuck in my head and i could not for the life of me get it out.

As for cures, I've always found the most effective way to deal with an earworm to be drowning it out, my usual choices being the Raiders March, the Imperial March, or Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" and Cheap Trick's "Mighty Wings" with screaming F-14 Tomcat accompaniment. Recorded belt-feds on "Rock & Roll" sometimes help too...:eek:

Diamondback said:
As for cures, I've always found the most effective way to deal with an earworm to be drowning it out, my usual choices being the Raiders March, the Imperial March, or Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" and Cheap Trick's "Mighty Wings" with screaming F-14 Tomcat accompaniment. Recorded belt-feds on "Rock & Roll" sometimes help too...:eek:

No 1812 Overtures? ;) :p

dahliaoleander

One of the Regulars
Caity Lynn said:
Sadly at the moment I have Katey Perry"Hot N' Cold" stuck in my head:eusa_doh:

I think that songs ok. Its lyrics are sooo, so obvious it makes me wish I'd written it and made an easy mil. lol

Right now I've got the B-52's FUNPLEX (And Rock Lobster ~"We were at the beach... Everyone had matching towels! Some one wiped under a dock... There they found a rock! It wasn't a rock! It was a rock lobster! :eek:"~ , Deatbeat Club "That's soo me! :p " , Roam) on repeat in my head. (WHere they've been for at least the past 3-4-6+ months. ) YAY! :D

P.S.: For those that know or remember the song: :D DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! DOWN! :D

There... Now part of it is stuck in your head too! :p:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner