Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

doghouse riley

New in Town
Bright Shiny Things...

I have been working on an American Indian exibit for the Dallas Historical Society at the Hall of State for a month now and every time I look at something with a bauble or bead I get what...? You guessed it. Baubles, Bangles and Beads. At least it is the Sinatra version. Happy B-day Frank.

S

Samsa

I simply cannot get "Kidnapping an Heiress" by Black Box Recorder out of my head.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well let me tell ya...

A friend in the airline business sent me an email with a link to a Frank Sinatra page. It seems someone has taken 'Strangers In the Night' and redone it as 'Strangers On My Flight'. The singer is a dead ringer for ole Blue Eyes and the lyric is hysterical. I won't post it here out of courtesy and decorum, but it can be found by Googling the title. Needless to say, I'm humming 'Strangers On My....."....er, 'Strangers In The Night' over and over and over!

Some times ya just gotta laugh!

-dixon cannon

melankomas

One of the Regulars
this isn't a real song, perhaps. it's sung by a character in a short story, and the tune is entirely in my head...i've not read the story in some time, and yet it still manage to be stuck!

o, it's no feat to beat the heat
all reet, all reet, so jeet your seet
be fleet, be fleet, cool and discreet
honey

Barbigirl

Practically Family
Christmas music

Today I have had in my head and been singing out loud =8-o

Ohhhh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is soooo delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Folly

One of the Regulars
For most of the day on Sunday I had "Bibbeldy, Bobbeldy, Boo" stuck in my head .. I think it's from Bedknobs & Broomsticks and the BBC keep playing that part of the song and it was driving me to distraction.

Yesterday I had "Jackson" stuck in my head as the day before my husband had been doing very loud and bizarre June Carter impressions all eveing lol in the wake of us watching Walk The Line at the weekend.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
A crazy herky-jerky-jazz instrumental called Five-Fifteen, by the Henry Hall BBC Dance Orchestra, from 1933. It's built around the notes B B C, the title referred to their daily time slot, and the lyric in its entirety is:

FIVE-FIF-TEEN!
RAH-RAH-RAH!
BEE-BEE-CEE DAHNCE OR-CHE-STRAH!

It's right after the opening theme on this podcast of Hall hits...or listen to some Estonian band play most of it in 2005. I had no clue Estonians were playing proto-swing music; thought they were all into Arvo Pärt and stuff.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Ever since I saw this video, I've had those tunes playing on my head all the time. Anyone know the titles??

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_urBcPDPeOE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_urBcPDPeOE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner