Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

Caledonia

Practically Family
Thanks Salv. I'll go check that out and will probably find I know some of his stuff. And will also find another tune to keep going round and round and round.....;)

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I remember that back in college, I went to a live Peter, Paul & Mary concert where they sang a great version of "I Dig Rock & Roll Music".

Three days later my girlfriend said, "Would you please stop whistling that song? You've been muttering it, humming it and whistling it for days."

Guilty as charged.

db5zx

Familiar Face
:eek:fftopic: NewMexExPat: Well, orginally, my screen name had nothing to do with Aston Martin. It is my radio amateur call sign. But being a huge Bond fan, it kinda works out both ways...

Actually, being a Associate Producer for a German TV station, I had the huge honor of sitting in the driver's seat of the DB5 from "Goldfinger" when it was auctioned off on Phoenix earlier this year. And I tell you, it is a strange feeling to be sitting in the driver's seat of an original Bond car ;-)

END OFF TOPIC ;-)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Music is my life

To get a song out of my head, I just humm 'The Rainbow Connection' and picture Kermit playin' that banjo. :)

The worst song I ever got stuck in my head is this awful theme song from the sitcom 'Half and Half' on UPN. The show is alright, but the song makes my ears bleed. Its so beyond awful that . . . well it just is.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Quigley Brown said:
another one.....

I wanna singa 'bout the moona and the juna and the springa........

"I wanna singa about me and you and a tea for two . . ." I think thats how it goes. I love that cartoon, we would watch it at work all the time! I have it on a hard drive somewhere, now I gotta look it up. :p

LD

Strider

One of the Regulars
For whatever reason, I have the Superman tune stuck in my head, and haven't been able to get rid of it for days. Oh, and also "Wild Wild West" by Will Smith. [huh]

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Combat!

I watch two episodes of Combat! back to back on Encore every morning before I leave the house. I used to watch it back in '62-'67 on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm. I've seen most every episode. I'm reliving my youth with the squad!

I leave the house and immediately the theme starts in my head; dun dun dun, da da da dun dun dun, da da da dun dun dun..... all day long - while walking - while driving - while waiting in line....

Combat! ... a Selmur production....

-dixon cannon

Dixon's Dame

Familiar Face
I recently had the "Hut-Sut" song refrain stuck firmly in my head. Nothing else I listened to could do could get that sucker out. Nothing!

And I also get Combat! music stuck in my head all the time, though usually, it's what I call the "walking through the woods on patrol" theme. I always hear that in my head when I take my dogs out walking in the woods. Gee, wonder why it pops up then?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
The theme music from "The Electric Company". (Morgan Freeman sporting an afro!)

The theme song from "Villa Allegre".

The theme music from "Dusty's Treehouse".

The exercise song from "Wonderama".

The theme song from "Land of the Lost".

So many bloody theme songs ...

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
The theme music from "The Electric Company". (Morgan Freeman sporting an afro!)

The theme song from "Villa Allegre".

The theme music from "Dusty's Treehouse".

The exercise song from "Wonderama".

The theme song from "Land of the Lost".

So many bloody theme songs ...

Villa Allegre? You remember that show? Moises Rodriguez is my Dad's friend. I have an autographed album from them for Villa Allegre. ha ha ha halol They took me down to the studios in Oakland to watch them tape a couple shows. lol

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Dixon's Dame said:
I recently had the "Hut-Sut" song refrain stuck firmly in my head. Nothing else I listened to could do could get that sucker out. Nothing!

Oh, how I wish you hadn't posted this, because now it is going to be stuck in MY head.

Hut-Sut wins the prize, as far as I am concerned. That bouncy little rhythm, the catchy little refrain that makes very little sense... once it is in there, it is NOT coming out... at least not easily. And for some reason it is always the refrain, and only the refrain. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to learn that it was written with the intent of becoming an evil "head-sticker."

Plus, every time I hear it, I think of "A Christmas Story." lol

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
LizzieMaine said:
We're gonna turn it on!
We're gonna give you the pow-ah!"

Gee, thanks for that!

Tune in next week when Spidey says,
"Wah Waaaah Wah, Waaaaaaah."

- Cousin Hepcat

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
uglyrecord.jpg

lol

Mrs. MK

New in Town
The Wonder Pets theme

The Wonder Pets theme (a kids show) goes through my head and me and my five year old daughter take turns singing our conversations to the tune of it. It's rather like opera.

When I was in high school I had a song in my head for weeks, an old jazz standard called I Remember You. I started out just liking it. Then I listened to it several times, and I couldn't stop the repetition in my brain. I don't know how to get it to stop. Maybe try talking to a therapist.

Mrs. MK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters