Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Geez, when anyone mentions having a tune in their head I think of "It's A Small World." Once you hear that in its context at a Disney park you're sunk for life.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I don't know what the deal is, but every time I hear any song's from ABBA, it gets stuck in my head for a week or two. Last week, out on the boat, we were blasting, 'take a chance on me'...darn thing's been stuck ever since :mad: I'll find myself humming it out loud at stores sometimes..people been getting a kick out of it though :rolleyes:

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Gregorian chants get stuck in my head. So do Tibetan Buddhist chants. Don't know why; they just do.

Oh man Gregorian chants are great, they put me to sleep when nothing else will... course it's not suprising since Mom told me she used it when I was really young to do the same lol

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Polyhistor

Familiar Face
I´ve got a serious case here!

Some of you may know the old Lucas Arts point-n-click adventure Monkey Island 2 (LeChuck´s Revenge). Some time ago I found a site where you can download the (brilliant!) soundtracks of older Lucas Art games and since then (almost a year ago!) this little tune is stuck in my head and I can´t get it out.
http://www.scummbar.com/mi2/MI2-CD1/13%20-%20Phatt%20Island%20Jail.mp3

Sometimes it fools me into believing it´s disappeared, but it sure enough it will pop up again, when I´m bored at work or wherever and need to think of something to whistle...

Regards, A.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:
Gregorian chants get stuck in my head. So do Tibetan Buddhist chants. Don't know why; they just do.

What, no Mongolian throat music? Right now I've got "there ain't nothing like a dame...nothin' in this woooooorrrllld", thanks to a well thought out idea of watching South Pacific last thing at night with a late cocktail or two!

Hammelby

One of the Regulars
Theres been alot of swing songs playing in my head for the past
two months, so my brains official "top 5 chart" would be:

•"Tickle toe", Count Basie
•"Bei mir bist du schoen", Ella Fitzgerald & Chick Webb
•"Tutti-tutti-Frutti" (find you' self a cutie), Gene Krupa
•"Sing sing sing", (da-da-da-daa-daa) Benny goodman
• "A tisket a tasket" (my brown and yellow basket), Ella Fitzgerald & Chick Webb

My surroundings often get a share of my "ba-ba-da-dadii" and my feet doing lindy "stomp off's" :p

S

Samsa

I hardly ever get bad songs stuck in my head. Right now I have "Hey Jude" bouncing around my otherwise vacant skull. And I don't mind in the least.

As for the worst song to be stuck in my head? Well, I try to forget those. If there was a "worst song," though, it would be some nameless, current, faux-R&B top 40 staple.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Actually, for me it's certian people make songs come to my head.

Sometimes I think "the cat's in the cradle and silver spoon, little boy blue and the man in the moon" or "one of a kind, love affair is, makes a lame man walk, makes a blind man talk of seeing again" or "mama just hung down her head and said; son, your papa was a rollin' stone, my son, whereever he laid his hat was his home, and when he died all he left us was alone.":D

magneto

Practically Family
(No vintage content here)
I will occasionally get a country/western song stuck in my head (don't ask), which is bad (guess that's why the genre's so popular).

The last song that stayed stuck for days was Joni Mitchell's "Free Man in Paris" (I think that's the title.) Argh! Also about the whole oeuvre of Warren Zevon.

I have heard, and repeated, that the canonical way to get a song out of your head that's stuck there, is to sing it, loudly, in the style of Bob Dylan. You may have to repeat the treatment twice, but it does work! :)

G. Fink-Nottle

One of the Regulars
It's the same awful song that gets stuck in my head over and over: Barry Manilow's "Can't Smile Without You".

If hell has piped-in music, that song is on the playlist.

S

Samsa

magneto said:
(No vintage content here)
I will occasionally get a country/western song stuck in my head (don't ask), which is bad (guess that's why the genre's so popular).

The last song that stayed stuck for days was Joni Mitchell's "Free Man in Paris" (I think that's the title.) Argh! Also about the whole oeuvre of Warren Zevon.

I have heard, and repeated, that the canonical way to get a song out of your head that's stuck there, is to sing it, loudly, in the style of Bob Dylan. You may have to repeat the treatment twice, but it does work! :)

There's nothing wrong with having one of Joni's songs stuck in your head! Court and Spark is indeed a catchy album. (And you did get the title right.)

Warren Zevon has been bouncing around my head as of late, too. "Lawyers, Guns and Money" is, in fact, one of my theme songs.

magneto

Practically Family
Samsa said:
There's nothing wrong with having one of Joni's songs stuck in your head! Court and Spark is indeed a catchy album. (And you did get the title right.)

Oh, the Joni song is fine, just not for 4 days on end ;) Funny it is so catchy, it "reads" more like a short story than a song.

Warren Zevon has been bouncing around my head as of late, too. "Lawyers, Guns and Money" is, in fact, one of my theme songs.

I hope *you're* not with the Russians too?!

I have been lately testing the theory that there is no Zevon-sung song that does not contain a "Whoo!" or similar exclamation/holler. Most entertaining. Particularly in line at the bank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum