Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
I have a ton of tunes I love, a lot of musical genres I admire, but whenever I'm dressed to the nines, for some reason all I hear in my head is the theme from "The Ant and the Aardvark".
I like swing, but of all the songs to have bumping around in your skull...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Paul hasn't seen the whole series of Thin Man movies. He's seen 2 or 3 but doesn't remember which ones, outside of the first. I've had the DVD set since the day it hit the market. So the other day, I popped in After the Thin Man (the 2nd film in the series) for us to watch and since then, I've had that horrible rendition of Sing, Sing, Sing that some broad's singing at the surprise party at the beginning of the movie.

But...it could be worse. There is a whole album of Ethel Merman singing her hits to a disco beat...

matei

One Too Many
I currently have Waltz 2" from Shostakovich's "Suite for Variety Stage Orchestra" stuck in my head.

Not that I'm complaining - it is one of my favourite pieces. It is all my wife's fault - she started humming it this morning.

I usually stuck humming annoying, mindless ditties - such as that naff tune from the Cheeky Girls.

Hondo

One Too Many
Andrews Sisters

"Don't sit under the apple tree" by the Andrew Sisters, its strange, cause it always comes on when I see a B-17, or any WWII era planes, plus DON'T SIT UNDER THE APPLE TREE (with Anyone Else but Me) by Glenn Miller, written by Lew Brown, Charles Tobias and Sam H. Stept - lyrics as recorded in New York City on February 18, 1942 by
Glenn Miller and His Orchestra (two months after the attack
on Pearl Harbor). The male vocals on the recording were by
Ray Eberle and the Modernaires. The female vocals were by
Marion Hutton (Betty Hutton's sister). I'll take both versions.

Haversack

One Too Many
Ach! Now you've the whole Totleigh Towers crew in my head singing:

"In the land of San Domingo Lived a girl called Oh By Jingo (Ta da, ya da da da da da, um-pa, umpa um-pa um-pa)"

Haversack.
"Bring me lobster on a clean plate."

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Oh dear god...

Haversack said:
Ach! Now you've the whole Totleigh Towers crew in my head singing:

"In the land of San Domingo Lived a girl called Oh By Jingo (Ta da, ya da da da da da, um-pa, umpa um-pa um-pa)"

Haversack.
"Bring me lobster on a clean plate."

Great, now you've got it going through my head too!

Jon

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Since I've been listening to pretty much nothing but Maroon 5 this past whole week, I've been having various songs from them stuck in my head, which actually is not all that bad...the one I got humming to myself today is, 'this love'
*this love has taken it's toll on me
she said goodbye too many times before
her heart is breaking for me
but I have no choice
cause I wont' say goodbye anymore*

maintcoder

A-List Customer
Maroon 5...

mysterygal said:
Since I've been listening to pretty much nothing but Maroon 5 this past whole week, I've been having various songs from them stuck in my head, which actually is not all that bad...the one I got humming to myself today is, 'this love'
*this love has taken it's toll on me
she said goodbye too many times before
her heart is breaking for me
but I have no choice
cause I wont' say goodbye anymore*

Try having Sunday Morning stuck in your head...

"Sunday morning rain is falling
Steal some covers, share some skin (I like that)
Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable
You twist to fit the mold that I am in
But things just get so crazy, living life gets hard to do
And I would gladly hit the road get up and go if I knew
That someday it would bring me back to you
That someday it would bring me back to you"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles