Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That tune in your head

Air Boss

Familiar Face
I don't know about worst but last year at the Marine Corps Marathon I had a loop of Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and Slow Boat to China for about 12 miles. I couldn't run fast enough...

maintcoder

A-List Customer
mysterygal said:
my 'special meaning' song was 'Blue moon' (have no idea who sang it)

This one?

Blue Moon
You saw me standing alone
Without a dream in
my heart
Without a love of my own
Blue Moon
You
know just what I was there for
You heard me saying a prayer
for
Someone I really could care for

And then
there suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will
hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when
I looked to the Moon it turned to gold

Blue Moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my
heart
Without a love of my own

And then there
suddenly appeared before me
The only one my arms will ever
hold
I heard somebody whisper please adore me
And when
I looked the Moon had turned to gold

Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my
heart
Without a love of my own

Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my
heart
Without a love of my own

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday said:
I think that song is actually in my itunes library somewhere...

Yep off the Living In Oblivion: The 80's Greatest Hits, Vol. 5 CD. Wow, the 80's were hard on music...and my hair! :eusa_doh:
lol I think the 80's was hard on everybodies hair, especially since aqua net was the styling product of choice!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Girl Friday, lol lol my 5yr old used to have hair like that when she was younger, everyone loved it!
James: halo thing? I had my hair to where the bangs would go as high up as possible..yeah, possilbly a halo effect. I think it took half of a bottle of hairspray just to get the look pulled off right!

mysterygal said:
Girl Friday, lol lol my 5yr old used to have hair like that when she was younger, everyone loved it!
James: halo thing? I had my hair to where the bangs would go as high up as possible..yeah, possilbly a halo effect. I think it took half of a bottle of hairspray just to get the look pulled off right!

Yep, I remember Kenra used to make a super hold spary back then. They demonstrated it by having a fan blowing the long hair of a woman all over the place. A couple of spray, turn off the fan and the hair stayed that way! :eek:
This look back at old styles reminds me of this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjuGIVyP4Q
That guy's hair needs taming. :D

Regards,

J :D

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mysterygal said:

I credit my young looking skin to my locker location in high school. Every morning as I'd walk by all the cheerleaders would be touching up their big hair. 20 years later I still have a thin layer of aquanet coating my skin, blocking out the sun's rays and the harmful effects of oxygenation. :D

Oh, "that song" today is "My old friend the blues" by Steve Earle.

carebear said:
I credit my young looking skin to my locker location in high school. Every morning as I'd walk by all the cheerleaders would be touching up their big hair. 20 years later I still have a thin layer of aquanet coating my skin, blocking out the sun's rays and the harmful effects of oxygenation. :D

Oh, "that song" today is "My old friend the blues" by Steve Earle.

We need to contact NASA about Aqua Net then. They could use it for the space shuttle---instead of those tiles that fall off. :p

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda