Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Art of being happy.

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Paisley said:
After a point, more money and more stuff won't make you happier. A lot of people have become very unhappy going into debt to buy stuff they couldn't pay for and didn't need. Those people don't need more money, they need to look elsewhere--in friendship, family, work, themselves, for instance--for happiness.

I'm pretty happy for a poor person (good partner, family, friends and some cool personal belongings). What I'd like to do is to try an experiment. I'd like to win a big lottery ($250 mil or so) and see if I'm more happy or less happy than I am now.lol I'll be sure to let everyone know whether being poor or rich makes me happier. lol

Foofoogal

Banned
The big picture view is almost always brighter than when we're standing knee-deep in ugly.

Isn't that the truth. Why to me suicide is so messed up. I always think, but what if next year would of been so much better. I shall never understand it.

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know that one day I must die, the question I ask is how shall I live??

When I am greeted with a smile from a stranger; I am in communion with another;

If someone apologizes for a slight, then I am blessed with the gift of respect;

If I am gently caressed by another I am loved.

When I show any of the above to another then I am truly worthy of being with my fellow man.

Today that is how I chose to live. :)

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Such amazing words Carlisle Blue. I'm going to write it down and tape it above my bunk.

I've never been afraid to die, just how I was going to die, and when. I don't want to leave old Earth until I finish some more stuff. Mrs. Slygi wants 2 more kids. lol

And, if I go, I don't want it to be painful. ;)

But, the world is such an amazing place. There is so much to do and see; and see again for the first time (through the eyes of my kids).

And, so many more beautiful hats to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J.L. Picard

One of the Regulars
Carlisle Blues said:
SlyGi

Thank you for your post. Funny how life happens when you are making other plans. When I served I was told I would never become rich. I found that to be untrue. The riches I received have been in the form of my freedoms and the gratitude of others for my contribution.

For me the trick is wanting what I have; not having what I want.....within reason, of course.

Once I have accomplished that I simply say:

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference. Reinhold Niebuh

You definitely got it right Carlisle..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy