Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The best leather conditioner ?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
What if the collar has started to crack and flake off a bit?
Any magical products?

I take it you are talking about a very old jacket. This happens a lot with old timers, even 35 years ago A2s turned up like that, also flaking on the back and sleeves. You cannot do anything with old dry leather but an application of a good leather dressing such as Ko Cho Line or whatever make you chose may help prevent the dryer parts splitting or flaking off. If the leather is powdery or splits when you turn it back on itself the putting it in a gallon of Pecards is not going to magically restore it. My advice is wear it with care :)

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Thanks. Yeah, an older jacket I was thinking of picking up. I might just pass on it.

Some like that look though, as though they are the ghosts of 1941, wandering the weekender vintage markets looking for 'Lost Souls'. One of those jackets Mike Wolfe wears in his show American Pickers(old series) is flakey as hell. A great shape jacket in it's day but I would not be seen dead in it.
If it was an A2 with some artwork it may be good for display, just keep it out of direct sunlight

Willybob

A-List Customer
What about Huberd's? It's primary ingredient is beeswax and pine tar. I've used it for years on my work boots and even used it on a pair of thin calf skin leather glove I bought in the eighties. I don't believe it contains any silicone or animal oils. Works great For me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland