Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BEST weather in your town!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I CHALLENGE any LOUNGE member to tell me that they have the BEST weather bar none than Loungers living in the San Francisco BAY AREA. I live in the East Bay, so the FOG is not a prevelant as in SF, and I enjoy mild winters, and moderate summers....almost no HUMIDITY (right Zohar?).
We have clean air, no pollution, and wonderful skys.

What is YOUR weather season, and how does it compare.

OK...*San Diego* Loungers are exempted.;)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Our weather here in Ohio is just nothing short of awesome!!!

We got snow, we got sleet, we got rain and wind and fog and hail and horendous heat and humidity! And that's just in the spring time. You should see our extremes!

But really,....who wants perfect weather all the time!? :rolleyes:

Zach R.

Practically Family
63 Currently.

We have pretty mild winters as well, and our summers aren't half bad considering we get the wind off of the Atlantic. Then again, we have to deal with hurricanes periodically.

I pity Zohar, I can attest to what the heat and humidity is like in the middle of the Carolinas during the summer(since I lived on the outskirts of Charlotte most of my life).

Bebop

Practically Family
It depends on what you call BEST. I like cooler weather. I live in San Francisco, at the end of Geary St. 2 blocks from the beach half the year and the other half, I live in Spokane Wa. right on the Spokane river, in a valley so I get alot of fog no matter where I happen to be living. I don't get too much pollution in either place. Beautiful skys in both places. I guess that the best weather would be in San FranSpokane. I like the snow and cold weather in Spokane and miss it when I am in the middle of a hot spell in February in S.F. I also miss the cool summers when I happen to be in hot Spokane in August. I have a friend in Hawaii that says 80 degrees year round is the best weather. I would die if it were 80 degrees year round. My point is that the best weather depends on what you like. Could I live in constant heat? No way. Could I live in constant cold? Yes sir! After rambling on and on about that, I would say that San Francisco has the best weather.......for me. Seattle would have to be #2 on my list.

J.B.

Practically Family
Of course Los Angeles weather is usually always fantastic, as well!

I have to say that tonight -- for some reason -- is a bit chilly for my liking! It's 46 deg F, rain, no wind, and humidity stands at 89%.

Have a fantastic weekend, Fedora Folks!!

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Summer Humidity

June thru August humidity can be rough around
Baltimore/Washington D.C.!

SC :p

PS That was till I went to Savanah Georgia
last Summer, now thats HUMIDITY!!!!!!

Steve

Practically Family
Down here in NW Florida, it's hot and humid about 8 months out of the year. The other four start with some of the most beautiful weather I've ever seen anywhere. Crisp, dry, cloudless, and cool. We get a few months of that and then it turns to wet, windy, and bone-chilling. So for those of you that like wool suits, don't come this way until late October. :p

Andykev said:
I CHALLENGE any LOUNGE member to tell me that they have the BEST weather bar none than Loungers living in the San Francisco BAY AREA. I live in the East Bay, so the FOG is not a prevelant as in SF, and I enjoy mild winters, and moderate summers....almost no HUMIDITY (right Zohar?).

Boy it sure was sunny yesterday afternoon. :p There has been farrrrrr too much rain this year for me. It has also been uncharacteristically cold. A week ago it was warm like summer and then it rains with cold night time temperatures.
Hawaii would be perfect. I like nearly even daytime and nightime temperatures. That would be the BEST for me. But that is just me. I hate snow and temperature fluctuations. Warm all the time would be great for me. Pull out the Palm Beaches, straw hats and spectators. :cheers1: Think Donovan's Reef.

Regards to all,

J

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

Yesterday was perfect here. High of about 74, humidity around 40%, clear skies.

Today's high is 53 with rain, and a low of 31.

Novella

Practically Family
I used to live in the East Bay, and the weather is definitely great. The weather seems compareable here in the Santa Barbara area though. Although I'm not here in the summer, and I hear that's when it gets foggy. I guess there's more wind too. I live right by the beach and every once in a while the wind gets bad, but for the most part the weather is really nice mild California weather.

I'm out in Colorado in the summer, and after living in California I think the weather's bizarre. It's sunny and hot during the day and then nearly every afternoon there are massive thunderstorms. The lightning is pretty, but it's not what I'd call great weather. Then in the winter the snow's fun (since I grew up in a snowless part of CA), but it gets pretty cold. Brrr, I'm a California weather wimp. I've heard that there are more sunny days in Colorado than in California though!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
At one point, I could have challenged you: I lived in San Diego, only a couple of miles from the ocean. Average summer temperature, 75 degrees, average winter temperature, 65 degrees, little or no rain from May to October.

I was there for 22 years and do not recall the temperature ever being above 103 degrees (dry heat) or below 37.

Of course, now I am in Iowa and it is one degree above zero,with 2 inches of snow on the ground.

karol

Big Joe

Familiar Face
Here's another:

"Damn," Ness said, rubbing his hands together, "this town?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s just as cold as Chicago. Next job I get is going to be in southern California" (Elliott Ness)

Big Joe

Eric

New in Town
Andykev said:

Here in Crossville, Tennessee we have a mean temp of 70 degrees. The summers are long and the winters are mild.

Burma Shave

One of the Regulars
Big Joe:

"...it's cold out there
colder than a ticket taker's smile at the Ivar Theatre, on a Saturday night."

Sounds like "Big Joe's settin' this kid up," eh? ;)

--The Legend of Big Joe and Phantom 309, also by Tom Waits

And here's to you: :cheers1:

I'm Burma Shave. You'll find Rain Dog elsewhere on this forum.

On to the subject at hand: Where I live (South Carolina) I understand it gets pretty nasty in the summertime, but I just moved here -- just in time to escape the snow in DC, I might add. Best weather I've ever experienced was on La Isla Margarita, off the coast of Venezuela. Close to 80 degrees year-round, apparently, and they're out of the hurricane belt.

Katt in Hat

A-List Customer
Climate is Great down here, Weather can be a bit TRYING at times.

We got sunlight on the beach, we got moonlight on the sea... We have heat and humidity to the extent that we can't even wear straw.

Almost slipped my mind; 80-90 thunderstorm days/year, some windstorms some times which sore try us. When our screens are blown out, or worse, critters visit...Wilma blew down almost 1/3 of our trees.
images

Wait, there's more, it's beautiful and very nice about 4-5 months/year. :drum:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy