Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I remember when you sold that. I'd have bought it if I hadn't been flat broke at the time.
Black is a great color for hats, esp. the ones of that '20's/ '30's era.

Oh, yeah, here's that Borsalino Marque Gran Luxe. Black y fuzzy velour!

GranLuxe2.jpg

bk

budward

One of the Regulars
I vote "hate." For me, black is severe, loud (unless it's someplace expected like your shoes). It can also be a tad funereal. I'd rather choose from among some colors.

Bud

Davidson

One of the Regulars
Black is the dressiest color, only occasionally bested by white. Nothing looks better with a black cashmere overcoat.

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
love black hats. My first hat was a black knox 20 which i wear almost daily. Once the real heat begins though it will have to be retired to its box. :(

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I'm a latecomer to the thread - I've been searching for months for a black fedora with the right brim width. I have a very nice, rare Stephen L. Stetson black fedora, but the brim is a bit wider than I like and because of that I don't wear it often.

I just won an Ebay auction yesterday for a black Resistol which I hope will meet my mneed. If so I'll be putting the SL Stetson up for sale here.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Dinerman said:
or sell it to one of the many people on here.

That's what I plan to do. The brim is a welted/folded over edge, so trimming it would be inappropriate. It's nice for what it is, it's just not the hat I want long-term. And I'm sure that someone will want a Stephen L Stetson.

Here's a shot of the liner with its disclaimer that it's NOT a JB Stetson hat....

SLStetson-interior-2.jpg

And the hat on my mug....

SLStetson-3.jpg

ilcatex

New in Town
I have the black fedora in my avatar which is a daily wear hat. Black looks good, I think. Contrasts well with my skin tone, and goes with just about everything!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
The black hat

I've always been a non black hat fan. The black hat Just wasn't me... In my mind the hat had that villanous connetation when paired with a suit. The look also brings to mind religions and I'm not much of a religious man.

Putting the hat on and pairing it with the right suit seems to have made me change my mind. Now I'm wearing it whenever I get the chance.

The hat was a gift from MK and I think the dimentions are perfect. i might even order a repro in grey from Art.

Check it out... the black hat. vintage Stetson.

high crown short brim with a narrow bound edge and a 2" wide ribbon.

l_5ec270ad4321a3aa297d8ab5a30da4b2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo