Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Boss is here

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Well, it looks like I'm off again for a name search. I was just notified that Akubra already uses that name for one of their hat styles and I certainly want mine to be different and not infringe on their name. The idea shop is open!!!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
More lovely hat names-

Don't like Kemosabe huh?

What about;

The Aristocrat,
The Entrepeneur,
The Suburban,
The Weekender (...something for the weekend Sir?),
The Diplomat,
The Metropolitan,
The Cosmopolitan, Chief, Director, Dominator, Overseer, Foreman,
Surveyor, Taskmaster, Governor, Ambassador, Chairman, Commander,
Big-Shot, Big-Cheese, Virtuoso,...

But I like-

'The Man'

...and get this-

'The Head-Honcho!' get it? Head H... OK never mind...

BT.

artboynyc

New in Town
I like "The Chairman," but it sounds too Sinatra, and that's definitely not a Sinatra hat.

How 'bout "El Jefe"?

Michaelson

One Too Many
I was thinking the same thing. You're moving away from the original intent of the hat design, in my opinion. Regards. Michaelson

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
"Bwana" hat New color and single brim " Bwana 1"

Art,
I like the color its great. I would like it made like the Safari /Bwana hat we all talked about except single brim/hat body. I know you want your own style! Well you got the color and I think the right block with the wide pugree hat band it would look great.

I have enough dress hats.I really could just take one of yours or Akubra,Optimo or Adventurebilt and re block them into a Safari style hat. I thought the point was to make a hat like the movie Granger wore??

I want a "Bwana" hat and it does not to me need to be doubled brimed.

The advantage to the single brim. The hat will cost less and with this color and the right pug color I think it will be a hot seller?

This hat could be "Bwana 1" and the other style "Bwana 2" :D This is where we started from. http://www.geocities.com/indyfrench/KINGS.gif

What do the rest of you men think??

Sharpey :)

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Art: I think this one's outside the scope of the Bwana. I think it's a completely different hat, and it's also not a "Chairman" or anything like Sinatra. It's a Fawcett Special.
You've got bodies to do 12 of these in that color? Will send you a PM tomorrow, or when I can get anywhere other than on this little laptop where I can type correctly.
The only problem I can see is that I do not currently have a car to match this hat. However, after reading an earlier post (sorry, can't figure out how to scroll down on this thing to find the person who posted) regarding this hat and a camel hair coat... I have one of those, so now I have a "reason" to want this hat. Would insert the two smilies having a beer, but this little machine won't let me do that either.....

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Re-read the first post- and understand...

...that this wasn't intended to be a ''Bwana''- from what I understand. Completely different hat?
Not really- look at the proportions- and silhouette-
as Art said- while he's waiting for the materials for the Bwana to arrive, he's playing with a dressed-up version, rather than a bushed-out one.
The colour and the ribbon make it obviously more dressy- put the pug' on, tone down the colour and you're back to the Bwana look.

BT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy