Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Boss is here

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Sharpey, I'm impressed with your skills!! I have tried to navigate this site and can't find a darned thing!! I'll keep trying. The pug in the picture looks good, and if acceptable I would be thrilled to order from them.
thanks BT...you've got my point exactly!!

I have a solution DBLIII for your dillema!!! Get the hat, then take it to your local body shop & have them match the color of yor car. Simple...and I'm sure under $5K :p

I really AM stuck on the name gents. I agree, The Chairman is too Sinatra...missing my target. But what other direction can we go? This is such a crossover style ie: western/bush/dress that it obviously can only be worn by someone with attitude like the Boss, or the Chairman, or the head Honcho...wait, is there a "Honcho" out there?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Art -- Honcho: I think that's the best name yet. Boss is too, well, bossy and remember, on the western hat side, there is the venerable Stetson's "Boss of the Plains."

Honcho has a bit more playful side, not as serious as those other names, and sounds like it could easilty be converted to a Bwana Jungle hat.

Does anyone remember there was a film called Bwana Devil? Came out in the 50's I believe. Will have to research it and see who was in it and what it was about. Unless someone here beats me to it (Wildroot or James).

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Try Now!!

Art Fawcett said:
Sharpey, I'm impressed with your skills!! I have tried to navigate this site and can't find a darned thing!! I'll keep trying. The pug in the picture looks good, and if acceptable I would be thrilled to order from them.
thanks BT...you've got my point exactly!!

I have a solution DBLIII for your dillema!!! Get the hat, then take it to your local body shop & have them match the color of yor car. Simple...and I'm sure under $5K :p

I really AM stuck on the name gents. I agree, The Chairman is too Sinatra...missing my target. But what other direction can we go? This is such a crossover style ie: western/bush/dress that it obviously can only be worn by someone with attitude like the Boss, or the Chairman, or the head Honcho...wait, is there a "Honcho" out there?

Lets try once again.
http://www.thekhukurihouse.com/Content/OptionalProducts/

http://www.thekhukurihouse.com/Themes/Products/Large/1109673979.jpg

Go to optional products click on that then when you get there click or type in Gurkha hat.
The lady I wrote to is Saroj Lama.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Honcho!

I suggested Honcho, or Head-Honcho back in posting 32.

I imagined the hat being worn by a boss guy, like a spervisor, or overseer-
someone in charge of men but not the Big, Big boss- someone in touch with the work and the working man.

I will gladly take credit for Honcho-

BT.

Gee, I sort of like Gung Din but I suppose it would be a little too movie related. How about the Gamebird, Backwoods, Buck, Flagship, Imperial Bantam, or quite simply as you called it before:

VSPalomino.jpg

The Palomino ;)

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I still like Honcho best.

I researched the movie Bwana Devil and it is a 1952 movie starring Robert Stack and is an earlier, somewhat different version of The Ghost and the Darkness. Stack plays the Val Kilmer role, I believe.

I tried to find a photo of Stack to see what kind of jungle hat was worn in Bwana Devil, came up with this website, but could not enlarge the photo of him in what looks like a dusty safari/jungle hat.

Anyone know how to enlarge this? His photo is in the third row of photos from the movie:

http//images.search.yahoo.com/search/image?_adv_prop=images&&fr=FP-tab-web-t&ingsz=all&img

Bwana Devil, now there's a name I could love....

karol

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Well, it looks like that behemoth of a website title didn't take.

Here is what to do: go to the Yahoo search engine and type in Bwana Devil photos. The first thing on the list that comes up should say "Image Search Results for Bwana Devil" You want to hit the one on the end that says "more bwana devil images"

A bunch of small images will come up, posters and photos from the film. On the third row somewhere in the middle is a photo of Robert Stack in his jungle hat.

Can anyone enlarge it and put it on the lounge? I can't see it very well and can't get it to enlarge.

karol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Gee, I sort of like Gung Din but I suppose it would be a little too movie related. How about the Gamebird, Backwoods, Buck, Flagship, Imperial Bantam, or quite simply as you called it before:

VSPalomino.jpg

The Palomino ;)

Regards to all,

J

Put the hat on the Horse plesase. Thanks , Horsee. :)

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
I sure hope you all decide on a name for this hat. I really want to buy one, and if it's not named by the time I get it, then it will be known as "the hat that the butthead wears."
No doubt Art does not want that!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
ROFLMAO!!!!!!

I LOVE it DBL... sure is alot to put on a leather stamp though!!

OK OK OK...Honcho it is!!!!

Thanks BT..( who gets the credit)

I'll call on Monday to have the stamp made.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
There's aways "Trigger" like the horse.

Barbie had a Palomino horse back in the 1980s named "Dallas."

It actually makes me think of a Buckskin horse though rather than a Palomino.

What about the "Triumph" as I think you have triumphed in making a beautiful hat. Absolutely one of the most gorgeous fedoras I've seen (next to the Indy hat of course).

You could call it the Thoroughbred.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
The Boss she is mine!

Art Fawcett said:
Hi Everyone,
In another thread we have been discussing the Quatermain hat in King Soloman's Mine and I have been working on a prototype for that hat. I have had to order more felts to make it so in the mean time Ii have played with some 'what ifs" on this style. So, what if, I coerced a felt maker to dye some pure beaver felts to a color that isn't offered, and what if I took the same style but only one brim, and what if I dressed it up rather than "bush" it out, and since we named the KS hat "Bwana" what if we renamed this hat with the same meaning but different term...I think we'd have "The Boss"
Please allow me to intruduce you to "The Boss"
The Boss in Palomino

Mark it sold. :) I'll take it. I still want the Safari/movie hat. I will send you a 100% all Natural beaver body to make it. Now we just have to get the right Pug, for it.. :drum:

Thanks a again,

Sharpey :clap

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Many post ago I told Art I would buy it and he blocked it in my size.

He has more hat body's. Many posts ago I told him I would take it. :) I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes. :beer: Root Beer

Sharpey :drum:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy