Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Canadave

One Too Many
AndyCapp said:
24zj9fm.jpg

Looks great! Welcome, Andy...I can't believe no one's used that username before! :eusa_clap

Dave E

One of the Regulars
My second entry to the Faction, a City Sport in Donegal tweed:

CitySport1.jpg

I like the style, and this suits me much more than the black does.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:
You have captured the total paesan Sicilian look like those guys in the Godfather who were the bodyguards in Sicily.

That was my inspiration.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm really starting to consider getting into caps after reading this thread.

I like fedoras because they are stylistically functional/functionally stylish, but this becomes less so when the sun begins to go down or on cloudy days.
At these times, I really like the idea of wearing a cap, especially a Newsboy style.

Does anyone know of a good-quality starter product/brand? Fedora people have Akubra and Stetson, but what about caps?

CitizenGenet

Familiar Face
Neophyte said:
Does anyone know of a good-quality starter product/brand? Fedora people have Akubra and Stetson, but what about caps?

Starting out, I would recommend the caps from B! Wear. They're affordable and sturdy and let you make a smaller investment if you are merely trying out caps. The upside is that if you decide you like them, the unit cost of a B! Wear cap allows you to buy lots of them down the road without breaking the bank. Or, in other words, you can get at least three good caps for the price of one new fedora.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CitizenGenet said:
Starting out, I would recommend the caps from B! Wear. They're affordable and sturdy and let you make a smaller investment if you are merely trying out caps.

Thank you for the advice. Come to think of it, I have heard of B! Wear caps somewhere on the forum (more than likely here) lol!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
If you're so inclined, you could try vintage on ebay. I've found that my 7 1/2 hat size isn't binding on caps, which allow me to wear a 7 1/4 comfortably without stretching. For me, a 7 1/4 hat would require some serious head yoga.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
If you're so inclined, you could try vintage on ebay. I've found that my 7 1/2 hat size isn't binding on caps, which allow me to wear a 7 1/4 comfortably without stretching. For me, a 7 1/4 hat would require some serious head yoga.

I've had the opposite experience with caps. Perhaps I have a swollen head--a lump on the top of my cranium. I find I need to stretch and/or go into a larger size(flat caps are really problematic), while standard hats have the extra clearance height.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari