Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

ksargent

New in Town
Hanna linen cap floppy after dry cleaning

Hi. Perhaps someone can help me here: I have a Hanna linen flat cap which, after dry cleaning (allowable according to the label), has lost its shape and become rather floppy. Before the cleaning, it was rather firm to the touch and kept its shape very nicely. Is this the norm for a cap after cleaning or is there something I can do to restore some body to the cap?

Thanks
Ken

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I picked up this linen cap in Rome, as an alternative to wearing a hat in the hot weather. It is definitely not as classic as some of the great caps I have seen here, it needs a bit more cloth for that, but I think it looks pretty good, and it is really comfortable. I am really starting to like it, and have suddenly become much more in touch with my working class roots.
Foto3.jpg

But don't worry, I will rejoin the faux-aristocracy as soon as the weather cools down a bit.

** I know I posted this guy in the hot weather thread, but I think he deserves another mention here, in case any of y'all didn't see him.

This gentleman was kind enough to let me take his picture in Venice (it was very hot and humid).
IMG_9453.jpg

This is the kind of look I would like to pull off with a cap.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
That is fantastic. I hope you gave him a compliment. I had to take a picture of him, if only to share here. He seemed so surprised that anyone would think him out of the ordinary.

Big_e

Practically Family
Here goes my Bwear cap in brown herringbone. I love this cap and even wear it in the 100+ temps we're having now.
Ernest

Bwear.jpg

bwear-1.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got one of these mechanics' caps at a phenomenal price!

cap.jpg

Six bones w/ free ship. I haven't received it yet, but I am goin' to dye the bill black & try another attempt at an Amsterdam Vallon cap. Her website ALLEY CAPS has 'em for one heck of allot more. A nice lady too!

CitizenGenet

Familiar Face
I recently received my brown tweed cap from B! Wear, and I couldn't be more satisfied.

It fits well, it's well-constructed, and I really like the look of it! This particular cap had a purple herringbone pattern silk inner lining.

The customer service was great, too. Brett Stiles e-mailed an update halfway through the process and the cap arrived very well packed only a few days later. I would really recommend B! Wear to all.

Cool1

New in Town
Two Months to Cap Season

I wear my wool herringbone cap n the fall and winter only, as I just never have developed a comfort with the light weight fabrics for spring and summer. I'd rather do a good Panama in summer.

In any event, only a couple of months to go until it cols down enough in South Texas to don the cap. Looking forward to the end of this incredible heat!

Best,
C1

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Cool1 said:
I wear my wool herringbone cap n the fall and winter only, as I just never have developed a comfort with the light weight fabrics for spring and summer. I'd rather do a good Panama in summer.

In any event, only a couple of months to go until it cols down enough in South Texas to don the cap. Looking forward to the end of this incredible heat!

Best,
C1

Same here Cool1! I'm ready for the end of summer too. I'm ready to roll out the fur felt fedoras and the wool flat caps again!

Dave E

One of the Regulars
My inaugral entry, a Christy Newsboy in Melton wool:

ChristyMelton1.jpg

Bought it to try the style, and I quite like it. Probably the wrong colour for me, something more tweedy will possibly work better, but a nice alternative to a fur felt fedora (and will roll up and stuff in a pocket rather better).

AndyCapp

New in Town
Hi guys... new here so just a quick hello.. this is me below.. ive always wanted to wear a hat tbh but never considered it to be ... well... errmmmmm me i guess plus i never ever found one that i suited...... anyway i just bought this newsboy which i got real cheap in a Topman sale for a measly £5.00 just incase i didnt like wearing it.... but guess what.... i love it so im on the hunt for some better quality versions.
24zj9fm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore