Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Sylvester_B

New in Town
bespoke cap pauline brosset

Hi there !

I'm new to this forum, but following you since a while.
Here is my new bespoke pleated cap ((since those caps are difficult to find...) from french hatter Pauline Brosset.
Long live to the cap faction !
1511672_592497760833105_1244279199_n.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Wow, this is dizzying!! All this new talent... Welcome, Sylvester_B! Glad to have you join! Can you tell us more about Pauline Brosset? LOVE the cap, it's so French, with its sharp darts - just my kinda cap!!

Edit: I just looked up Ms. Brosset's name and found her website... Cool!

Last edited:
Dang. Go to sleep and you miss all kinds of good stuff. Welcome Tim and Sylvester. Great caps.
Fantastic job on that one Tim!
S-B the pleated one's a classic.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Sylvester_B

New in Town
Wow, this is dizzying!! All this new talent... Welcome, Sylvester_B! Glad to have you join! Can you tell us more about Pauline Brosset? LOVE the cap, it's so French, with its sharp darts - just my kinda cap!!

Edit: I just looked up Ms. Brosset's name and found her website... Cool!

She has done a really great job on this one ! Pauline is a bespoke hat maker who works here in Paris. She has done Homburg hats for me (with the machine which takes your "head shape").
As for the cap, you can choose everything (depending on your money and taste) and she even created a special model for the one I showed you. I'll post more pictures of my hats she made in the appropriate section when I'll find time ! Feel free to ask anything if you want to know more, or you can go to her website or facebook ;)

EDIT: Her facebook is definitely more illustrated :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pauline-Brosset-Chapelière-créations-sur-mesures/179291628820389

Last edited:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I now own two City Sport caps, and I must say that other than custom made Cordova caps, these are the best caps (for me). They just fit my head right.

IMG_1153.JPG

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Very very nice, Andy! That cap looks like a 1930's model I had a while back. Suits you down to the ground, as they say 'round here.

Alive'n'Amplified, sounds exciting - we'll all expect a noggin shot when you slap it on your dome!

Nice one O.G., looks good on you.

A-n-A, I've got two B-wear caps, and both are solidly made, and quality materials.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
i made this cap for myself over the weekend.
followers of my suit making exploits will recognise the fabric. its French circa 1920-40s and approx 70% wool, 30% cotton:

cap_front_1_zps31825eef.jpg

cap_back_zps70e00d5f.jpg

lining and grosgrain ribbon are also vintage:

cap_band_zps04da13a1.jpg

cap_top_zps4aa52ade.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
TT, i made a similar cap way back in 2010; same pattern, same lining, but in Isle of Mull tweed. it's probably my most frequently worn cap:

mull_cap01_zps24bcdcb7.jpg

mull_cap02_zpsff997a2f.jpg

no plans to enter the business. i've had little time to devote to any tailoring recently as my art projects have taken over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana