Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

DAJE

One of the Regulars
I'm in the cap faction now, too.

Well, I was already qualified with a cheap but nice corduroy flat cap that I wore pretty often, but that's just been superseded by my new 8-panel newsboy in brown herringbone tweed from Hanna Hats.

Got it yesterday, wore it last night while out to dinner with my girlfriend. I love it, and when my girlfriend tried it on and looked in the mirror it took a lot of effort to get her to give it back.

My only problem with it is that it's nearly summer here and it'll be too warm to wear... so I'll just have to find a nice linen cap to wear when it's too hot for the tweed.

Ah, the Fedora Lounge, such an enabling web forum. ;)

Edited to add:
Tweed.jpg

groover

New in Town
I'm choosing between the Kangol Bugatti Tweed cap and the Lock & co Bentley cap: anyone has one of these and can tell me what's the best?
Thank you.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I'm in the cap faction now, too.

Well, I was already qualified with a cheap but nice corduroy flat cap that I wore pretty often, but that's just been superseded by my new 8-panel newsboy in brown herringbone tweed from Hanna Hats.

Got it yesterday, wore it last night while out to dinner with my girlfriend. I love it, and when my girlfriend tried it on and looked in the mirror it took a lot of effort to get her to give it back.

My only problem with it is that it's nearly summer here and it'll be too warm to wear... so I'll just have to find a nice linen cap to wear when it's too hot for the tweed.

Ah, the Fedora Lounge, such an enabling web forum. ;)

Edited to add:
Tweed.jpg

Bencraft and other hatters have lotsa linen caps too...to enable you further...

Feraud

Bartender

Nice one. I favor the Hanna caps myself.

DAJE

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments, folks. I'm very impressed with the quality of this Hanna Hat, and I can highly recommend Hanna to anyone who may be considering buying from them.

The colour doesn't really come across well in photos, in person mine has a kind of tweedy woollen glow about it. I know that sounds a bit odd, but I swear it's true.

Kreissaege

One of the Regulars
My two new Vintage cap from Hanna Hats were in the mail today and this is the one in grey herringbone with some dots of other colours:
15102010_ji.jpg

Great products at a very reasonable price, just dont try to sort out problems by mail, call them!
Daje, you know that HH has linen in four different colours in stock?
they are listed with the Vintage cap, but if asked, maybe they would do an eight-piece cap with it, too?

DAJE

One of the Regulars
B! Wear linen cap: natural colour, smooth leather sweatband ($2 extra). Posted a close-up over in the New Hats thread, here's the portrait shot:

IMG_9667.jpg

One of these days I'll post a shot of me well-dressed and neatly-shaved...

Koz

New in Town
Well here is my entry this is actually the cap I stole from my ten year old son yesterday to see if one its warm and two if I like the style it's plenty snug and I'm not too fond of the patchwork look but my wife likes it. I snagged this from the thrift store for a buck. I think I like it, now I just need to find a used one I can afford that will fit my gigantic 24" dome. Also can any of you identify the maker. Thanks.
a4b93fac.jpg
[/IMG]
bed60bec.jpg
[/IMG]
5dfc1f69.jpg
[/IMG]
44fefe8b.jpg
[/IMG]

Chuck Bobuck

Practically Family
Koz, the newsboy style looks good on you and you can't beat that price. That patchwork look is growing on me. I like that one better than some others I've seen. Ireland and Scotland they do some fine tweeds. Welcome to the lounge.

Big_e

Practically Family
Koz, the newsboy style looks good on you and you can't beat that price. That patchwork look is growing on me. I like that one better than some others I've seen. Ireland and Scotland they do some fine tweeds. Welcome to the lounge.

I agree. The patchwork cap is appealing to me also. It can't help but go with any jacket or overcoat you decide to wear on any given day. Bwear sells one like it and I'm gonna buy it.
Ernest

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I've been looking for a panel cap for a while, and found this Christy in York on sale. I like it, and it's been getting a fair amount of wear recently with the high winds we've been having.

DSC05103.jpg

DSC05104.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I have only one cap at the moment. The form is very similar to the one worn by Kreissaege a few posts back. This cap was kindly given to me by another Lounger. Thanks Robert ... ! ;)

930b1d6e.jpg

univibe88

One Too Many
Here are a few pictures of a hat I just got from Hat People. It is the full cut. The fabric is amazing. It's soft, yet substantial. The brim is very pliable and I love the interesting fabric on the lining. I also bought a purple mohair one for my daughter for Christmas. I can't wait to give it to her and post some pictures.

DSC_0383.jpg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner