Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Jonathan Richard Irish Motoring Cap

5244574423_6885d8366d_z.jpg
5245162626_b4d4ca88af_z.jpg

Flexo Adjustable Mohair(?) Cap
5244396253_3fb2494f6b_z.jpg
5244996202_b539f15f78_z.jpg

5245000470_e9977631a8.jpg
5244998258_376b82b4a5_z.jpg

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
This is my new cap from hat people. I love it !
I'll order again for sure, Carol is really nice to deal with and give good advice.

Greyfox

One of the Regulars
Just got off the phone with Carol and her husband at Hat People. Placed my order for a deep cut Gray Heather. It will be my first hat of this type but I am looking forward to it after seeing some of the gorgeous hats in this thread. Man the lounge is not good for my wallet! First fedoras, now caps. Does it stop? Will post photos when it comes.

Lloyd

A-List Customer
My girlfriend caught me on the Hat People web site and I was told under no uncertain terms was I to even think of looking there until after the 25th :). So I guess I'll be posting something shortly after the holiday.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My latest cap purchase, a bergmutze. Quite warm & cozy on the noggin.
100_6565.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Dan! LOVE your bergmutze! Repro? Ever get any flack for donning it? I'd love to wear one around, but I got a bit sensitive to those who might be offended. You look great in it! Actually from the angle of the photo, it looks a bit more M-43-ish, due to the visor looking large. Wooden buttons are terrific! You need to pinch and tilt that baby, in true Gebirgsjaeger fashion!

dean

Last edited:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Dan! LOVE your bergmutze! Repro? Ever get any flack for donning it? I'd love to wear one around, but I got a bit sensitive to those who might be offended. You look great in it! Actually from the angle of the photo, it looks a bit more M-43-ish, due to the visor looking large. Wooden buttons are terrific! You need to pinch and tilt that baby, in true Gebirgsjaeger fashion!

dean

Hey Dean! Good to hear from you here again! Thank you very much for the kind compliments, most appreciated.:D Yes, it is a repro, and fairly well made. The visor is a tad long which gives it more of the M-43 look, but for my uses I wasn't to concerned about being accurate.
Haven't heard a word of flack about it, no weird looks, nothing. Probably since I cut the BEVO insignia off and made it more of an civilian type of alpine cap. I've actually gotten quite a few compliments on it when worn. Go figure.[huh]
Basically I think that most folks have no idea what kind of cap it is and when it was associated. I bought it with the idea of taking the BEVO off and using it for a snowshoeing, cross country skiing & hill walking cap. I want to get the summer twill cap for warmer weather hiking and minor mountaineering later next year.
As far as the shape I'm working on it little by little. Oh, and I wouldn't be too concerned about it in public unless you have some insignia on it. Without it, the cap is just a good alpine outdoor cap and nothing more. I think that in the future that if I wanted something more accurate to an original with the leather sweat band and all I may pick one up from GD43.com. They apparently make the best ones out there. I'd still take the insignia off though.

If you have one let us see your bergmitze Dean.:D

Cheers!

Dan

Cross-posted from the vintage caps photo gallery.

This one isn't new to me; I've had it for a couple of years. Got it in one of the vintage stores here in London. A basic 8-panel American style cap. Maybe 40s vintage or a bit younger. Not sure. Crown measures about 11" diameter; on the larger side of average for a size 7 cap.

Barrymore brand. "Canada's Best Cap". Standard nipple snap at the bill.

BarrymoreCap1.jpg

BarrymoreCap2.jpg

BarrymoreCap3.jpg

Jack Henry

New in Town
Here's my new Hat People newsboy cap!

164302_478275976563_577781563_5975878_8202427_n.jpg

I've received another one since, and I'm planning on four or five more before I quit. Hat People, good stuff!

Jack Henry

Jack Henry

New in Town
Thanks, guys!

Yes, it is indeed the full cut. At first I thought it might be too much material, but I certainly liked it. Then I ordered a medium cut. When that arrived, I thought that that was the way to go. Not that variations are a bad thing! But now I'm kinda leaning toward liking the full cut better. I'll post pics of the medium cut hat soon. Next I want to try the Deep Cut, and see how that goes.

Hat People=Great hats (and great people!)

Jack Henry

Corto

A-List Customer
Forgive me if someone's asked this question before- and if they have, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me to the right thread - but I was wondering (and thinking ahead) what's the consensus on who makes the best (new) summer-weight flat caps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner