Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Feraud

Bartender
Can't speak for anyone else but down here it has gotten much to warm for tweed or wool headgear. I am on the lookout for something summer-ish though.
Besides the ol' Kangol tropicool, that is.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I have a linen cap from Johnny J that is perfect for summer.

Since the FL failed to understand that the capmakers are also the main contributors... You get the idea. Content is value.

Just a quick note to everyone. We've heard and understand!
We all want this thread to be a resource where budding capmakers can research, develop, and share.
Give us some time to work things out.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Two reasons my posting has slowed lately.... I've just arrived in the US, so prepping for my trip has taken my time, but more directly it's the fact that for the year I've been posting, I never realized I had a limited upload attachment amount, and I reached it 2 weeks ago. So now to post photos I need to upload to my server first. Just another step, but it slows me down enough that I've opted not to a few times.

Damian, I don't think it should be written off, there are lots of good folks here with much accumulated knowledge. Change it must, let's just see what develops.

I started Cap Department on FB - NOT as an alternative to the Faction, but as an adjunct. Say what you will about Facebook, there is an immediacy and interactivity that can be great fun, and the cap group is no different. It just hit 80 members a few moments ago, and it's a closed group, so it's not surfed by just anyone.

Feraud, I'm glad to see your post - that's the most lucid comment I've gotten regarding the flux we're in... Thanks!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Welcome stateside Keith! Hope your adjusting to our funny accents.

I like the tone that this thread is taking too. It's too good to loose.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
We do understand that our method of slapping a "Vendor" label on members has been, well, without method. We have been re-examining the whole thing, and have a plan in rapid development. It's pretty much from-scratch thinking, and I am hopeful that the majority of you will be pleased. Please be patient, as we work around the time constraints of people who have day jobs.

There used to be two cap makers: B!Wear and (the other one). The caps that are being produced today rival fedoras for their accuracy, style and interpretations. I see a lot of caps to covet. Amazing work!

Depends on your views on social media. Setting up a fake account with a Tor setup is essentially impossible - Facebook (and therefore NSA, MI6, etc) seem to know when you're bouncing your IP around, and actively block such attempts. Indeed loggin in to faceplant using a Tor network is actively discouraged (Facebook plants stuff into your computer so that even if you are bouncing your IP, they can track you, know you're trying to avoid them, and target you). But using Tor is one of the few ways to avoid Facebook et al. actively giving your info to said agencies.

I would hardly say the thread is dead.

Just set up a fake account? Shouldn't be too much trouble.

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Seeing Buster's monkey has made me want to make a cap for my Italian Greyhound.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400486353.763042.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400486353.763042.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 140

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy