Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Lukacs

New in Town
53 degrees, breezy with a light rain for this morning's 5 mile hike.

Wore my dark grey Donegal tweed cap from Gamble and Gunn.

Ordinarily, I'd wear one of my Akubra hats in rainy weather. But this cap has been a bit tight since I bought it.

The wetter it got, the farther I pulled it down on my head.

After I was done, i blotted off the excess water. I'll wear it around the house until it dries. View attachment 469811 View attachment 469813 View attachment 469812
I’ll remember that technique. Nice day for a hike in December.

NorthernBloke

Familiar Face
Just got this Chinese domestic product flat cap off ebay for £8, it's surprisingly nice quality, and the cut is quite vintage, it's more a royal blue in person i will post more pics on monday of me wearing it. it would be fascinating to hear how it ended up in the UK
1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The gent second left in this picture is wearing a very similar, if not exact cut of cap
1670014961947784.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Another new linen cap from Thomas Farthing! It’s one of their “mid-width” styles, 11in crown. Maybe not my favorite pattern but I love the shape and very comfy. View attachment 531017

I like your new linen cap. It appears that the cap has a liner. The cap has a grand shape and body. Cheers!

71 degrees and 80% humidity. I'm still wearing wool.

Shetland wool gambleandgunn

View attachment 531066 View attachment 531067

Dave, grand cap and morning adventure. Thanks for sharing.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Very nice, like an adventurous sea-dog on holiday!
Haha, that's what I was going for!

Funny enough, but the last couple years I've found an actual NEED for wearing linen caps in the summer. I never noticed when I was younger, but my hair is so dark, it just sucks in the heat of the sun.

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
Haha, that's what I was going for!

Funny enough, but the last couple years I've found an actual NEED for wearing linen caps in the summer. I never noticed when I was younger, but my hair is so dark, it just sucks in the heat of the sun.
Same way here, linen and cotton caps all the way, especially after sweating through the only Panama I’ve ever found that I liked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB