Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Curse of Indiana Jones

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
OK gents lets get this thread back to hats.

Being called Indiana Jones, Indy, Jr, or even Dr. Jones is not that bad. It's the tone of the "commenter" that is the problem. Someone on the thread mentioned that people today are clueless. I disagree. Just a bit... what's the word I'm looking for... condescending.

Though no matter how playful or kind-mannered the comment is, it does get annoying if it's on a daily basis. In my experience, it wasn't as such. Not even my old teachers (or any current teachers) say anything. It's more of the students, but they keep to themselves most of the time. Though I did call one of my teachers Fonzi because he reminded me of Henry Winkler.

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
Nobody can be Batman but Adam West. :cool:

I concur! Haha. As for Fillion being Indy... Just wishful thinking. I do urge we don't stray too far away from thread topic for fear it'll be closed!

*ahem* I mean, YES. It seems today that people always mistake a fedora of any size, shape and color to be that of Indiana Jones.... Though I was called a gangster and Don Draper first.

RBH

Bartender
I concur! Haha. As for Fillion being Indy... Just wishful thinking. I do urge we don't stray too far away from thread topic for fear it'll be closed!

*ahem* I mean, YES. It seems today that people always mistake a fedora of any size, shape and color to be that of Indiana Jones.... Though I was called a gangster and Don Draper first.

Wise thinking. There is a forum here to discuss the Indy films.
And this one here to talk and talk and talk about the Fed IV.

Cattus Petasatus

One of the Regulars
I teach a class at my church on Wednesday nights. Down the hall is a teacher who does tutoring for a bunch of high school students. I pass through their side of the wing to get to my room. The other day I was going by wearing my Fed IV, sport coat, jeans and boots. I never hear anything from the students. I think they are too frightened of the big guy with an old man's hat and crazy mustache (OK, so it's a handlebar with straight points about 3/4 of an inch each.)

As I'm passing through their side of the hall to get to my own room, the high school teacher comes out and says, "Hey there....(wait for it)....BREAKING BAD."

Breaking Bad? Really? I expect the Indy comments. After all, I'm wearing his hat. I even have the tight pinch. But, Breaking Bad? The closest thing I have to a stingy brim or pork pie is my fez.[huh]

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
I teach a class at my church on Wednesday nights. Down the hall is a teacher who does tutoring for a bunch of high school students. I pass through their side of the wing to get to my room. The other day I was going by wearing my Fed IV, sport coat, jeans and boots. I never hear anything from the students. I think they are too frightened of the big guy with an old man's hat and crazy mustache (OK, so it's a handlebar with straight points about 3/4 of an inch each.)

As I'm passing through their side of the hall to get to my own room, the high school teacher comes out and says, "Hey there....(wait for it)....BREAKING BAD."

Breaking Bad? Really? I expect the Indy comments. After all, I'm wearing his hat. I even have the tight pinch. But, Breaking Bad? The closest thing I have to a stingy brim or pork pie is my fez.[huh]

A high school teacher... Never mind the students, but the gorram teacher? Hahaha. Well, a fedora and a pork pie are pretty similar on some features. Just the difference is the crown. At least it was called a top hat like our friend over at Penman Hat Co... he was wearing his Raiders model too.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...Breaking Bad? Really? I expect the Indy comments. After all, I'm wearing his hat. I even have the tight pinch. But, Breaking Bad? The closest thing I have to a stingy brim or pork pie is my fez.[huh]

May be the Indy ifluence of the last movie is finally fading from the collective societal conscience and now they are grabbing images from elsewhere??????? :eeek:

Aerol

A-List Customer
Got asked if I had my whip with me today. I was wearing a green waxed cotton Barbour coat and a light fawn Akubra safari (redone by Optimo) with a center dent and no pinch.

Go figure.

The Fedorable

One of the Regulars
Got asked if I had my whip with me today. I was wearing a green waxed cotton Barbour coat and a light fawn Akubra safari (redone by Optimo) with a center dent and no pinch.

Go figure.

All of a sudden, I picture someone going out on safari with that image in my head. Maybe they thought you were dressed up for a safari adventure??

Crazy Dave

Familiar Face
I had some polite questions today about my gas mask bag and leather coat (is that a Wested jacket?). Since he nefariously neglected to ask about the brown Fed IV, I bullwhipped the hell out of him and escaped the police galloping away on my horse screaming "It belongs in a museum!".

True story. Well, some of it. :p

Oddly, after about 10 years of regular hat-wearing this weekend I finally got an Indiana Jones comment. I was wearing a green plaid flannel shirt, duck cotton vest, corduroy shirt-jacket, and my tawny Biltmore creased cattleman style. The young man bagging my groceries said " I hope you're not offended sir but you look suspiciously like Indiana Jones." I smiled and said, " Yeah, just need my revolver and whip". He then added
"Hey not many guys can pull it off, but you look good like that".
I figure if I resemble a younger Harrison Ford in any way, it can't be all bad.

Edward

Bartender
May be the Indy ifluence of the last movie is finally fading from the collective societal conscience and now they are grabbing images from elsewhere??????? :eeek:

Possibly. It's already been six years since Crystal Skull, an eternity in mainstream entertainment terms.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hasn't been long enough for me to forget the trauma of that awfully lame story of the Crysral Numbskull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It had it's moments. At least they didn't destroy my childhood memories in the way Lucas did with the three Star Wars prequels - now that was traumatic :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ