Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dobbs Diner...

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Dobbs Derby

Remarkable condition. Suspended sweat eliminates the need for a conformer.

P1020953.JPG
P1020954.JPG

P1020952.JPG
P1020951.JPG

P1020959.JPG

Joeffrey Herra

New in Town
I bought this dobbs off ebay its a dobbs 20 7 1/8 & has a almost 2" brim the crown height is about 5 1/4 it has a firm feel

db11.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

Is this style of hat supposed to say in that the factory default brim shape or can the brim be snaped ?

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
sweet game bird, rlk. what's the brim width on that baby? It has great proportions.
The Dobbs derby is a very fine specimen, as well. I don't think I've seen many Dobbs derbies of that vintage (presumably much older than the lighter weight ones I seem to find from the 60s).

I bought this dobbs off ebay its a dobbs 20 7 1/8 & has a almost 2" brim the crown height is about 5 1/4 it has a firm feel.

Is this style of hat supposed to say in that the factory default brim shape or can the brim be snaped ?

Congratulations on your Ebay win and first post on the Lounge! The brim can certainly be snapped if you like.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
That's one sweet hat. I've been hunting down cloth fedoras as of late. Stetson made a pretty good one in 1989 when Last Crusade came out. Still wish I had it for the uniqueness of it. Same dimensions as their Temple, yet in cotton.

Thanks, Matt!!! I usually do not wear cloth hats of any sort, but there was just something about this hat that screamed, "buy me." So I did. LOL. Whats interesting is that the entire hat has stitching that goes around it for some sort of rigidity and the brim has spiral stitching which enables the brim to be "snapped" like a felt hat.

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
I just came across a beautiful Dobbs 4 seasons in green with original hat box. I will be posting pictures soon but was wondering what the time frame of the 4 seasons model is? Also what do they normally go for? etc. I will post pictures shortly :)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Nice Four Seasons, Historyteach24. They were made from 1966 to 1972, and don't appear to have made the transistion from Hat Corporation of America to Koracorp in '72. They were designed to be a lighterweight hat that could be worn ten months out of the year, hence the model name. As for the going rate today, I can't imagine them selling for more than $35-40 on eBay, at least not in the smaller size.

Brad

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Cicero I was so mad when it did not fit but the price was right so I decided to pick it up and offer it on here and ebay so a true hat collector could get their hands on it. It is the nicest shade of green I have seen on a hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum