Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dobbs Diner...

SamReu

One of the Regulars
Dobbs hats

I just had to jump in. A few months ago, when ice hung from the gutters, I stopped in at a thrift store. I was looking for pants for my two boys, who can tear through clothes as if they were made of tissue. I rummaged through the racks, saw nothing worth getting. I turned to leave when ...

... Gasp! At the rear of the store, hanging with a bunch of crummy baseball caps, were two hats, both straw. One was tan, the other a medium gray. Both were my size, 7 3/8. Each was a Dobbs Rogue.

Each was $2.50.

OK, gloating's done.

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
Went to Circa vintage clothing store in New Bedford Massachusetts, while vacationing in Cape Cod and found a Dobbs. Its a very dark drown with a deep burgandy ribbon and edge binding. Pictures soon.

babs

A-List Customer
You Dobb's fans might be able to shed some illumination about this one. maybe not. :) I dig it though.. Can't wait to get it in the mail. 3rd ebay hat win, 1st Dobb's, 1st milan straw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160351575140&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

DOBBSA.JPG

DOBBSAAAA.JPG

DOBBSD.JPG

DOBBSC.JPG

DOBBSAAA.JPG

babs

A-List Customer
HarpPlayerGene said:
I'll bet it is. Looks like a very similar product to the one I have. I'm guessing 60s for these, based on style of hat and ribbons.

That ribbon job you did on yours is outstanding. Reading up on doing ribbons, it doesn't sound like novice work to be sure.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
babs said:
That ribbon job you did on yours is outstanding. Reading up on doing ribbons, it doesn't sound like novice work to be sure.

Ah, but this one was easy. It's a wraparound puggaree style ribbon with little barbs at each end which hook the hat. The good thing, though, about this one is that it is vintage and made of really nice material in a very pale off-white/cream color.

New ribbons of this general type can be obtained from www.hatsupply.com in a variety of colors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points