Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Gutshot said:
So about a week ago, I'm taking my car in for some work, and on the way I stop for coffee. I'm wearing my black Stetson Temple. The young woman at the counter first compliments me about it, temporarily making my day... and then asks if I bought it at Disney Land. I guess her father had a reproduction Indie he'd gotten there, so in her mind, that's where they all must come from.

I may have mentioned this a few years ago when it happened, but I was once asked whilst wearing my brown Akubra if I worked at Disneyland.

Things like that just baffle me...if I see a girl wearing a french Beret, do I ask her if she lives in Paris?

Artie

Suspended
One of the perks of being a former hardcore punk is being completely impervious to criticism. You should have seen some of the outfits I sported, a fedora, that's childs play. I had a mohawk back in the late seventies when that kinda stuff could get your keester kicked.

Jerekson said:
I may have mentioned this a few years ago when it happened, but I was once asked whilst wearing my brown Akubra if I worked at Disneyland.

Things like that just baffle me...if I see a girl wearing a french Beret, do I ask her if she lives in Paris?

In all of the years I have been dragged to or otherwise gone to Disneyland out here, I have never seen an employee of their's wear a fur felt fedora. Did they start wearing fedoras with ears on them? That's new to me. :rolleyes:

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Lincsong said:
I think the dumbest comment I ever heard was you stating you were being "dragged" to Disneyland. lol lol lol
Though I have never been, I sympathize with the being 'dragged' to Disneyland. From everything I have seen and heard, I cannot think of any reason I would ever voluntarily go there.

Then again, I am too tall to ride most amusement park rides, so I may be biased.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Conned? Yeah, you loved every minute of it. Don't act like some sinner who says; "I didn't enjoy it". You loved every minute of it. Especially at Haunted Mansion....Mr. Two Live Crew.

Lincsong said:
You were the one blaring that 2 Live Crew crap in that '57 Bel Air. :eek:

Riiiiggghhht. :rolleyes:
deadhorse.gif
guillotine2.gif

Dean

New in Town
Watcha

A few years ago, my old company took us to Euro-Disney as a 'treat'. I was totally down on the whole thing, couldn't think of anything worse. It was fully my intention to get the first train into Paris and find the nearest bar.

Only problem was - I had a bloomin' marvelous time at Euro-Disney. Spent two days running round like a loon with the wife in tow.

We have one of those photo's from a roller-coaster. You can see me and some random 6 year old laughing our heads off, whilst our respective partner / parent sits impassively.

I would imagine its all in one's approach.....

Dean.

ps - Ironically, the food in the French Euro-Disney was awful.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Since we seem to be on the subject

As a rule of thumb, I boycott Disneyland on moral grounds of corporation evil. However, I get dragged to the place about once a year (and the word dragged takes on quite a literal meaning after a time, trust me). It's fun and all, but really...it's not worth the hype. I have a much better time at Knott's, and even Seaworld for Pete's sake.

It should be noted that the line attendents on the Indiana Jones ride do wear the DP hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner