Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Chris Dillon said:
"EY! You look like that Jack Dillingis movie!!"

That was rude, but did you say anything to him back? Also, how exactly were you dressed? Gee, and the guy didn't even get the name right, it's John Dillinger, but what would he know about history...

Chris Dillon

Familiar Face
Just did my usual response to the countless ignorant comments I get in Oakland. Smile and say, "um,,, thanks" But in fairness, they were saying I looked like the actual movie itself, not a person that never even existed! ;)

If I recall, it was simply a waist coat and slack pinstripe combo topped off with a fedora. . . I tend to be a little more 40s than 30s. . . something similar to what I was wearing two days ago and got Clark Kent!

People are funny

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
I was wearing a 30's style repro suit (belted back), 40's tie, white bucks and my Silverbelly Campdraft one evening when an aqcuaintance (not the sharpest pencil in the box I must admit) who was feeling very popular that particular moment, surrounded by her, allthogether not too smart, friends called after me: Hey, you look like J.R. Ewing..(!?) I could only reply with: Aaaalllrrrighty then (quoting Ace Ventura)...:eusa_doh:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Neophyte said:
Murphy's Law:

"It is morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money."

I have this poster in my dorm room, it's quite charming:

Good lord, I had the same poster (minus the McGuire's Irish Pub tag at the bottom) in my AF dorm room in the early '80s! Who'd have thought that 30 years later it would still be selling? I guess it's true: the classics never go out of style! lol

(Of course, I have no idea how many years before I bought mine they were in print... )

Cheers,
Tom

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ooooooooooh....my apologies for any careless utterances from my pie hole. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I meant no offence, good sir!

I simply thought you were referencing a particular scheme of mine that I explained to my fellow Loungers in the "How Much Rain can an Akubra Take?" thread, in which I devised a scheme to get my parents to provide funds for a new hat when I believed that one of mine had been ruined by severe weather I was forced, by them, to endure. Needless to say that scheme fell through. However, due to careless wording on my part, several people denounced me for trying to wheedle cash out of them (which is something my parents taught me to do ;)).

I'm glad I took up hat wearing, as I've always had an aversion to bright sunlight, which is plentiful here in Tennessee. My eyes have become stuck in an almost permanent squint, which can make me look angry or suspicious to others. Just look at my eyes in my avatar and you'll see what I mean. I can't really wear sunglasses because I already wear glasses and I am paranoid of contacts. Pop on a brimmed hat and the world is my oyster.

Also, I don't have any friends anyway, as I'm of the "eccentric loner" genre of character stereotypes, so I'm not worried about running off prospective acquaintances :) ;).

Neophyte said:
Ooooooooooh....my apologies for any careless utterances from my pie hole. :eek: :eek: :eek:
I meant no offence, good sir!

Also, I don't have any friends anyway, as I'm of the "eccentric loner" genre of character stereotypes, so I'm not worried about running off prospective acquaintances :) ;).

Yes, but with your newfound hobby of stylish fedora wearing you just may change that stereotype, eh?

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
hatophile said:
Yes, but with your newfound hobby of stylish fedora wearing you just may change that stereotype, eh?

I'm highly skeptical that wearing a fedora will do anything more on my college campus than reinforce the "eccentric" half of "eccentric loner." lol lol lol

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I'm very pleased with this conversation:

A few days ago, while I was in a lounge having a drink, I was asked if I was a hitman for the mafia, I looked up, and stared at the man for a moment as if to recognize him, then said, "actually, its funny you mention it" and reached into my jacket as if to grab a weapon, the man became visibly uncomfortable. I felt bad, bought him a beer to make amends.

Classic.

Mr Vim said:
I'm very pleased with this conversation:

A few days ago, while I was in a lounge having a drink, I was asked if I was a hitman for the mafia, I looked up, and stared at the man for a moment as if to recognize him, then said, "actually, its funny you mention it" and reached into my jacket as if to grab a weapon, the man became visibly uncomfortable. I felt bad, bought him a beer to make amends.

Classic.

lol lol lol lol lol You should have added: "I'll give you a thirty second head start just to make it sporting.";)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred