Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Dumbest Comment I Ever Heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
Dinerman said:

I like this one

fadehat2.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Nothing chaps...

My ass more then this one...

ZOOT SUIT RIOT!!!:rage: :rage: :rage:

There I am, standing there and then hear a few T-shirt togged grown boys singing the words in a mocking fashion to one of the worst songs ever recorded! Makes me blood boil hotter then the sands of Iwo Jima!!!

If any one wants to see me go from calm to fist throwing in 0-3, that's how to do it!

=WR=

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Where I work we rib and kid with each other all day...I get hey it's Juan Valdez with my pananma and Indy Jones with my felts...lol

Once in the service department, in a circle of mechanics (who I love dearly), one of the guys spoke up and called me Indy Jones...I came back and said that he reminded me of Truman Capote....two laughs for all of us...

it was such a good line that I'll have to use it again...

mark the shoeshine boy

Barry

Practically Family
I get the "You look like Dick Tracy!" comment when I wear my green fedora. I always thought he was pictured with a yellow lid but I've seen some green ones as well.

Barry

So far, I haven't gotten any stupid comments that I can recall, and a fair amount of good comments. I figure any one that derides a person for wearing a fine fashionable hat such as a fedora or panama is either dimwitted or deep down just plain jealous.

Now as to obtuse connectionsof their hat comments, well the average person is not mmuch more than average intellegence. They are rarely better than mediocre in most instances, when their poor education and faulty logic kicks in, who knows what connection or connotation their are going to try to make!

dr greg

One Too Many
great line

Once upon a time I had a ...'short term relationship' with a lady I'd met who was VERY involved in left-wing politics, (which is not under discussion, merely a scene-setting fact) and a collision of style occurred very soon after when I turned up at her fancy dress fundraiser for Cuba dressed in a white suit and panama hat with mirrored sunglasses and matching snakeskin boots and belt, in stark contrast to everyone else who took upon themselves the poncho and sandals look. I'll never forget her parting words. She yelled: "You, your hat, and your dog...get out of here!" I just love that. They can put it on my tombstone.

Vermifuge

One of the Regulars
dr greg said:
Once upon a time I had a ...'short term relationship' with a lady I'd met who was VERY involved in left-wing politics, (which is not under discussion, merely a scene-setting fact) and a collision of style occurred very soon after when I turned up at her fancy dress fundraiser for Cuba dressed in a white suit and panama hat with mirrored sunglasses and matching snakeskin boots and belt, in stark contrast to everyone else who took upon themselves the poncho and sandals look. I'll never forget her parting words. She yelled: "You, your hat, and your dog...get out of here!" I just love that. They can put it on my tombstone.

You, your hat, and your dog...get out of here!"

Now that's a country song if I ever heard one!

BJonas

One of the Regulars
Vermifuge said:
You, your hat, and your dog...get out of here!"

Now that's a country song if I ever heard one!

Reminds me of the time my wife, Mrs. BJonas, and I were having a childish argument and she made a reference to me spending my time online "with that stupid hat club" lol

Don't hate her, everybody. She's a great gal, even if she's a bit more modern than I am. It was said in the heat of the moment, and she's never said anything mocking my fedora.

Canadave

One Too Many
no bad comments

I've never received a negative comment, and have had a few positive ones. However, the best experience was when my wife and I were walking the dog, and a gentleman in his 50s rushes out of his house (one that we pass every day) with some photos of his father wearing fedoras. He said he'd seen me passing by often (wearing various hats) and that I reminded him of his dad.

David

Riposte3

One of the Regulars
John in Covina said:
So far, I haven't gotten any stupid comments that I can recall, and a fair amount of good comments. I figure any one that derides a person for wearing a fine fashionable hat such as a fedora or panama is either dimwitted or deep down just plain jealous.

Now as to obtuse connectionsof their hat comments, well the average person is not mmuch more than average intellegence. They are rarely better than mediocre in most instances, when their poor education and faulty logic kicks in, who knows what connection or connotation their are going to try to make!

I'd have to go with jealous. On the other hand, while the average person is of average intelligence, half the population is of below average intelligence. :p So who knows?

-Jake

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Hey Riposte3...

Welcome to town. How's VT doing this year? Ever make it up north? We've got a small but growing gang of crazies in the D.C. area. (The most colorful by far is Quigley Brown.)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Hard to Get

While wearing one of my favorite nose art A2 jackets one fine evening, a fellow accosted me as to it's meaning. He asked, "What does that mean? Hard to Get,....is the girl on the jacket hard to get,....or are you hard to get???? Or what???"
Most people it seems dare not say a word about any of my jackets as they are somewhat shy perhaps? Usually, if I get any comment at all, it's a favorable one, and I explain all and hand them my business card. :)
But this guy seemed to be showing off to the woman he was with. He was an older guy so we were surprised that he did not know what nose art is, so my friend that's with me proceeds to explain.
He waved the explanation aside and reiterated his questions.
So I told him it means,..."Difficult to comprehend." lol

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maj.Nick Danger said:
While wearing one of my favorite nose art A2 jackets one fine evening, a fellow accosted me as to it's meaning. He asked, "What does that mean? Hard to Get,....is the girl on the jacket hard to get,....or are you hard to get???? Or what???"
Most people it seems dare not say a word about any of my jackets as they are somewhat shy perhaps? Usually, if I get any comment at all, it's a favorable one, and I explain all and hand them my business card. :)
But this guy seemed to be showing off to the woman he was with. He was an older guy so we were surprised that he did not know what nose art is, so my friend that's with me proceeds to explain.
He waved the explanation aside and reiterated his questions.
So I told him it means,..."Difficult to comprehend." lol

CHU-CHIIIING! Nice response, Nick; rewardink, berry, berry, berry rewardink, to see wit in action!

Lee Lynch

One of the Regulars
The only comment I've gotten so far was in line at the grocery store. The cashier beamed and said "your hat is so cool, my grandfather left me his and it's in mint condition". That was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo