Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Great Beer Thread

RIOT

Practically Family
rumblefish said:
dsc00696er4.jpg

Nice collection. No Skull Splitter Ale?

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in
water there is bacteria.

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
rumblefish said:

Woo hoo hoo! I have seen Nirvana!

Guinness, one of my faves.

Spaten Optimator, always a good choice.

Samichlaus, now there's a beer that can show you the floor if you're not careful!

I've never tried those lambics, I hear they're good, though pricey.

rumblefish

One Too Many
RIOT said:
Nice collection. No Skull Splitter Ale?

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in
water there is bacteria.
Thank you, most have been "cycled out";) :beer: since.

I haven't tried any Skull Splitters yet. Something to recommend?

Hexenmeister said:
I've never tried those lambics, I hear they're good, though pricey.
Lindemans kriek (sour cherry) and cassis are among my favorites. Hop flavors are completely replaced by a dry/tart, fruit taste. Not at all wine coolerish. I've had Kasteel and Liefmans' lambics,,, good. But I've not had any from the US I could recommend. For my taste, the Belgians do lambics the best.

Another Ben Franklin quote, you've all probably heard; "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy":)

Mike K.

One Too Many
Landshark is a very nice summer beer! It's very similar to Corona, but without the aftertaste.

I'm off to relax with a movie and some Tetley's English Pub Ale (the store was sold out of Boddingtons :( ).

RIOT

Practically Family
rumblefish said:
Thank you, most have been "cycled out";) :beer: since.

I haven't tried any Skull Splitters yet. Something to recommend?

I would definitely recommend it if you like the bitter ale. It's been a while since I had some but a must whenever I find it. I first sampled it back when at the Princess Alice in London and have been one of my top 5 ever since. Cheers!

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Guiness, Foster's, and because I'm an east coast boy at heart Rolling Rock. When I grew up no self respecting teenager would be caught dead with PBR.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Selentino said:
Guiness, Foster's, and because I'm an east coast boy at heart Rolling Rock. When I grew up no self respecting teenager would be caught dead with PBR.
We cool kids drank RR, while the rest had their Bud and Mich.:D

RadioHead

Familiar Face
Must be very low humidity in here... my glass is empty AGAIN!

Well, call it a geographical bias, but I really enjoy a couple of my local brews, "Clancy's Amber Ale" and "Moosehead Pale Ale", brewed right here in Saint John, NB.

When I'm in "the states" I tend to ask for Sam Adams, Pabst Blue Ribbon, or Schlitz, when I can get it.

Yum. I'm thirsty already.

:)

RadioHead

Orvil Newton

One of the Regulars
The wife just returned from a few days in Port Townsend, WA and brought back several bottles of my favorites from the Port Townsend Brewing Co.: Boatyard Bitters, Scotch Ale, PT Stout and a very nice Amber. We were hauled out in the Port Townsend Boat Haven yard for five months last year and I became accustomed to a pint of Boatyard Bitters in the afternoon. It has become my favorite. Here in Friday Harbor, there is a brewery but I find their product less than thrilling. Although I will drink their Royal Marines IPA in a pinch, I prefer Alaskan Amber or Sierrra Nevada. Sadly, PT Brewing Co. products are not available on San Juan Island.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
John in Covina said:
SAm Adams makes an seasonal -Oktoberfest that is one of their best.

I agree with you John that is one of Sam Adams best.... I recently tried their Summer Ale and it's a nice occasional change.. the grain of paradise they use in it is evidently a rare pepper from africa used as a brewing spice.

Right now I am really drawn to Breckinridge Avalance Ale and their Trademark Pale Ale

Mac Daddy

New in Town
Coopers Pale ALe, Tooheys Extra Dry and there is a beer I had last time I was in Harrisburg Pennsylvania, went to the Firehouse restaurant and they had a beer called hook and ladder I think from Maryland, it was fanstaic, I loved it, if I could I would have taken a case home, anyone got any ideas where or who makes it?

rumblefish

One Too Many
brylcreem boy said:
I went to their site and was hopped up (no pun intended) to find a distributor, but the closest one is Dallas- 300 miles from Tulsa... that bites!!!
If you're ever that way,,,look all their offerings up. There's a load from Dogfish Head I'm crazy for. Really bold, unique beers. Don't just stop for this one :) :cheers1:
all a bit pricey though.

brylcreem boy

One of the Regulars
rumblefish said:
If you're ever that way,,,look all their offerings up. There's a load from Dogfish Head I'm crazy for. Really bold, unique beers. Don't just stop for this one :) :cheers1:
all a bit pricey though.[/QUOTE

Good deal Rumblefish, I have a friend who's opening a few liquor stores and he's trying to order it for me today.. so what others were your favs???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner