Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"The Last Best West" company

donnc

One of the Regulars
Might not be getting exactly the same thing here, though. I mean, would these cheaper places add trail dust on request, just for example?

donnc said:
Might not be getting exactly the same thing here, though. I mean, would these cheaper places add trail dust on request, just for example?
I bet Major Moore will build you one so close, you'd swear they were "exactly" alike. That's the beauty of a handbuilt custom.
"add trail dust on request" = are you being serious?
If you are, I am sure Mike has a way to add dust & probably sweat stains if you so desire!! lol lol lol

donnc

One of the Regulars
gtdean48 said:
If you are, I am sure Mike has a way to add dust & probably sweat stains if you so desire!!

Well, they say their customers ask for it. Don't know - on my budget, it's up to me to get the hat dirty myself, but in their price range the customer is evidently more demanding.

majormoore

Vendor
Can add stains lite or heavy and also the dust to the hat where the stains are, no problem. Have had several customers have me age the hats for them.

Major Moore

gtdean48 said:
I bet Major Moore will build you one so close, you'd swear they were "exactly" alike. That's the beauty of a handbuilt custom.
If you are, I am sure Mike has a way to add dust & probably sweat stains if you so desire!! lol lol lol

Reactions: RBH

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
Thanks for the links

johnnycanuck said:

Thanks for the links Johnny, I did do a search but found nothing?

Also thanks for the other pointers guy's, appriciate them.

Sad to say but I am drawn to the Boss Stearman and with the current exchange rate they are a bit expensive for me (I belive you have to pay for quality) hence my question, to see stories both good or bad.

However the more sites I see the more hats I want :D. I guess I should stop watching movies too lol

OT1899

Familiar Face
Surprised ....

That no one actually answered the question of this thread with actual first hand experiences of this company. In my view, links to other threads and referrals to other hatters is not really responsive. I am curious about this company also. Their website seems to indicate they do not have time for you until you commit to a purchase. Being rather new to this game, I prefer to ask questions and get answers about product quality, etc. before making the purchase. So, that said ... "does anyone have first hand experience with this company?"

OT1899

Familiar Face
gtdean48 said:
I think that is your answer = nobady has answered because nobody has actual first hand experience..... that is the way I take it....[huh]

Okay ... I see what you're saying. Guess I hadn't thought of it that way. I appreciate your response. Thanks!

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
OT1899 said:
Their website seems to indicate they do not have time for you until you commit to a purchase.

I found that interesting as well. I guess that means he is busy, or he really can do anything you want and simply did a poor job of communicating that. He may have simply tired of answering "can you make this" inquiries without getting an order.

Since I really don't like dealing with Customs issues I probably won't be ordering from him anyway but the website has some interesting info.

Lando

Practically Family
http://www.thelastbestwest.com/last_best_shipping.htm
If you check that page on their site it shows that their hats actually ship from a US location. I had also been dissuaded by the prospect of customs charges, but the fact they ship from the US is even stranger. I wonder then who is actually making their hats? They make a lot of cowboy related stuff so they must be outsourcing since these different things ship from different locations, some Canada and some US. The fact they also don't answer questions about their hats also bothers me since I these days I ask a lot of questions. It's sad because I like some of their hats and wouldn't mind trying them out.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
I didn't see that they ship from a US location, wonder if they are smuggling their goods across the border or if they are actually made in the US?

Still, I'll probably select other vendors...

bmelanc

New in Town
I know this post is over a year old, but buyer beware. I bought a $850 hat and it’s build quality is terrible. The hat body material is even garbage. It’s supposed to be a %100 beaver hat. If you need pictures for evidence let me know and I can send you some. The customer service is terrible. The’re cocky like you owe them something. Try and get in touch with them on the phone virtually impossible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24