Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Melbourne Cup

tuppence

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"I won a Mars Bar for, my Horse coming last, I have a sneeking suspicion the jockey may have been partaking in other banned (Chocolate/baked) substances"

4070581330_4b3de36f8a.jpg

Binkie what is the art work on the wall behind you.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Miss Sis said:
Dang! Wish you could see it here in the UK. I love a bit of horse racing. Takes me right back to my childhood, thinking about The Cup.

(My family like a bit of the gee-gees)

As usual it was a huge do, and as usual for me, I was completely unable to pick the winner!

Have you been to Royal Ascot Sis? I'd imagine that would be a fantastic day at the races, always looks to be on the telly anyway.

miss_elise

Practically Family
Another great racing carnival...

And if you didn't see it in the Halloween thread... Derby (classic) race Day on Halloween allows for...

4059942141_e5c610fba6.jpg
4059930315_310bc187a8.jpg

but the temperature at the track was 33oC...

so the jacket didn't stay on for too long

kyda

One of the Regulars
I missed the cup completely this year, I forgot that it was even on until I saw the paper the next day. Will have to make up for it next year and try to go to Ascot for it next year, may be the local race track might be easier. All of those people, the heat...... pub with aircon is sounding better!!!!!!!!!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran