Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The perfect hat

BigSleep

One of the Regulars
Could there be a more perfect hat than the felt fedora?

Aside from being extremely stylish it is:

Light enough for summer
Heavy enough for winter

Wide enough brim to shade the entire head. (How many of us have had our neck burned due to the inadequate coverage of our favorite ball cap?!)

Can be dressy or casual.

Comes in a rainbow of colors.

Available in every price range.

And for those in need of speed, it has a very aerodynamic leading edge.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I like their T-shirt.
aom3.png

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Q: "What's on your back?"
A: "A moustache."
Q: "Huh. (long pause) Have you ever seen that HBO show Oz?"
:p

hulkamad

Familiar Face
I've seen that article before! I've even got it saved under my favorites. It is really helpful. Especially for me, a newbie who's just getting into the whole hat lifestyle. Trying to learn all the vernacular and fedora vocab words! :D

If you scroll down to the comments some of the folks even mention The Brothers Hat shop that I know of in my "neck of the woods" (Tulsa, Oklahoma)

http://shop.thebrothershatshop.com/category.sc?categoryId=39

They're a really neat place and helpful to boot! (I swear I'm not associated with em) I went in and they helped me figure out my hat size as I had no way of knowing. Now I'm just waiting on my Akubra Federation to show up in the mail. (Bout another week, I can't hardly stand it!)

I like how the article lists the different type of faces that go with what hat best. I guess my face most resembles Orlando Bloom's, kinda square. Hopefully the Federation works for my "ugly mug!" :p

Jabos

A-List Customer
Hey Hulk-nice to see someone else in Oklahoma! I spent most of the day in Tulsa on business and wish I had known about that hat shop. There is no such place I know of in the OKC metro. Just told my wife about that joint triggering a rolling of the eyes-she knows that will probably become one of my regular Tulsa stops. Don't know many other Okies on here. Maybe we can spread the trend around here.

citRon

A-List Customer
So...what about my face? I always thought it looked like a long face. According to them, I should avoid "full, square and high crowns"
How would you describe my mug? -be gentle!

IMG_0351.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0352.jpg
[/IMG]
000_0745.jpg
[/IMG]
dsc_0054.jpg
[/IMG]

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I myself don't think one looks "better" than the other. They're both very nice and each compliments your face in differant way to give you a different look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy