Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Queen on Channel 4+1

Drappa

One Too Many
I think so, although I am in the earlier parts still. I don' actually know that much about the Royal family apart from embarrassing behaviour that made it to the press and Prince Phillip's frequent gaffes, so I do find it interesting. I do realise it's a film though. :)

Edward

Bartender
Drappa said:
I think so, although I am in the earlier parts still. I don' actually know that much about the Royal family apart from embarrassing behaviour that made it to the press and Prince Phillip's frequent gaffes, so I do find it interesting. I do realise it's a film though. :)

I do think they captured well the Windsors' initial failure to understand the public reaction to Diana's death, and their overall opinion of her. The idea that anyone with the Queen's upbringing would have any qualms about shooting a stag forf sport is somewhat bizarre.

Prince Phillip, yes.... I have long believed that there is a great sitcom to be written (a la Yes Minister) about the poor bugger that has the job of cleaning up after his latest gaffe. My absolute favourite was the "got confused, he meant to say 'cowboy'" line. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner