Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Waistcoat Dilemma

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Waistcoats are a good option in a man's wardrobe. It can be a versatile garment with the capacity to be more formal or casual depending on what it's paired with and if it's buttoned or not. I've been on a search for a tweed or suede waistcoat but the vast majority are regular lengths. I'm in need of a long. Does anyone know of a good source?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I cannot help with a source for choices, but as a man who is barrel chested, I often need to either go bespoke for an item, or have substantial alterations done to something off the rack. That's the issue with many articles of men's clothing I find too - most are for the "average" or "normal" guy. Particularly jackets and waistcoats.

Whoever the norm guy is supposed to be!

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Chicago men's clothing stores are reopening but of course Covid 19 upended the business entirely
with many shops still shuttered or pardon-the-pun altered. I have been net surfing for available tried
and true shops newly back in biz and current trends tend to favor virtual on-line patronage. Along with daily
commuter travel to the office, things have changed for better or worse. Until the situation ripens more fully
the laptop customer has some edge, so a peruse of specific item such as waistcoats might lead to a new source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB