The Waistcoat Dilemma

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by MK, May 14, 2021.

1. MK

MK Founder Staff Member Bartender

Waistcoats are a good option in a man's wardrobe. It can be a versatile garment with the capacity to be more formal or casual depending on what it's paired with and if it's buttoned or not. I've been on a search for a tweed or suede waistcoat but the vast majority are regular lengths. I'm in need of a long. Does anyone know of a good source?

2. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

I cannot help with a source for choices, but as a man who is barrel chested, I often need to either go bespoke for an item, or have substantial alterations done to something off the rack. That's the issue with many articles of men's clothing I find too - most are for the "average" or "normal" guy. Particularly jackets and waistcoats.

Whoever the norm guy is supposed to be!

GLewis likes this.
  3. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Chicago men's clothing stores are reopening but of course Covid 19 upended the business entirely
    with many shops still shuttered or pardon-the-pun altered. I have been net surfing for available tried
    and true shops newly back in biz and current trends tend to favor virtual on-line patronage. Along with daily
    commuter travel to the office, things have changed for better or worse. Until the situation ripens more fully
    the laptop customer has some edge, so a peruse of specific item such as waistcoats might lead to a new source.

GLewis likes this.