Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

These boots is too ugly for travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachelolive92

Banned
I am so happy and exciting,i will go travelling to Japan with my wife for honeymoon.Everything is OK,but now i have a problem on my attire.I want to wear this Merrell Refuge Pro Ventilator Hiking Shoes for our travelling,but my wife said it is too ugly, and it is not good for travelling,beacuse she think it is too heavy.
I was confused,i like its casual style,i think it is suitable for travelling.
What is your opinion?

Hope u have a nice hoilday!

4spurs

One of the Regulars
If "traveling" means going into the woods, hiking Mt. Fuji, or working at the Fukishima nuclear reactor site those Merrells would be fine, but if you are touring a city, going into restaurants, museums, checking into a hotel, going through an airport forget it. Merrell makes comfortable shoes that are more appropriate for urban touring.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Will you be sporting a tank top, baggy shorts and a baseball cap? If so, the shoes go perfectly. Also, your wife will probably make you walk 20 feet behind her.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Ha, ouch! Lol I don't think the shoes in that link will find favour with manyvin these parts. Myself, I'd rather a decent, leather shoe... I find them much more comfortable these days. If you want boots, maybe try a US WW2 era service shoe? Good quality replicas are very available and relatively inexpensive. If sneakers are what you really want, I'd look for something vintage style myself, like a Xhuck Taylor type (though I personally have avoided Converse since Nike bought them out).

thecardigankid

One of the Regulars
Eh, I could see them being worn with some casual cargo shorts or casual khaki pants. Key word is casual. They don't look bad and won't be when paired with the right clothes, casual being the keyword. They look like they are built for comfort, as a tourist you wanna go for comfort. I say go for it.

too much coffee

Practically Family
You're right thecardigankid.........they are comfortable.

Personally I would opt for a quality leather walking shoe as suggested by Edward. Casual but clean and pressed slacks and a tucked in polo or cotton collared shirt. Of course an Aero FQHH/jacket would be worn or carried as well

Just hang out in some of the world's largest airports and one will see that American tourists are usually the most disheveled lot passing through the concourses. American tourists usually dress with no imagination or style.

But that's just me...........enjoy the honeymoon!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Just hang out in some of the world's largest airports and one will see that American tourists are usually the most disheveled lot passing through the concourses. American tourists usually dress with no imagination or style.
I think that's an antiquated notion. The whole world is wearing slob-wear these days.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I think that's an antiquated notion. The whole world is wearing slob-wear these days.

My wife and I took our two little girls to a story reading at our library. I wore a short sleeved collared shirt, light tan pants, socks and brown casual dress shoes.

I mention the socks I wore, because the only other male in the room wearing same was about seven. I mention the tan pants because every other male was wearing shorts. This was at 6:30 pm.

It has come to this - dressing with any sort of adult propriety makes one stand out. Oh, and while my wife wore slacks and a blouse, the other women were entirely in cargo type shorts, halter tops and flip flops. Probably the most disshevelled group I've ever seen.

I realize this was a children's story time event, and not tea with the Queen, but still!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot