Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thin Ribbon shots from movies

RBH

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
I'm seeing the front pinch and two side points mirrored at the back of the hat. In other words, it looks to me like there is a point at the back of the hat directly opposite the front pinch, and then two points to the side to open up the back of the hat a bit. Either way, something to consider...:) [If you didn't have a point at the back, it would be a pentagon bash!]

Cheers,
JtL
I see now what you are saying Jim.
A hand creased six point!

That may be my next Major Moore style!!!

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
You guys are INSANE! (But that's what I like about you.)

I'm with Dinerman: Doubtful that there was any design to that bash. That's why it's so cool. Punch the crown and let the crinkles fall where they may, all out of symmetry and in an odd number and irregular spacing.

Sorry, I just don't see the #3 there.
[huh]

Great thread though!

RBH

Bartender
a few more.....

1ahf0.jpg

1bqt8.jpg

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
RBH said:
And a few from one of my favorite films.
“Bound for Glory”
I had totally forgotten about Bound For Glory....[huh] :D ...Thin ribbons in movies....:eusa_clap ...Only from the genius mind of Rusty!:D

RBH

Bartender
Colby Jack said:
I had totally forgotten about Bound For Glory....[huh] :D ...Thin ribbons in movies....:eusa_clap ...Only from the genius mind of Rusty!:D
Thank you! :D

budward said:
What date, the movie, and what kinda hat you figure Jimmy is wearing?

bud

The film is from 1959.

Not sure of the origin of that hat. But it has been said in another thread that Jimmy Stewart wore his own hats in most of his films.

Here is a shot of Mr Stewart recieving a thin ribbon from Joe Sr. of Peters Brothers in Texas.
Could this be a Shady Oaks ?

jimmystewartto6.jpg

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Oh gosh, I'm tempted to think that maybe some of you guys think a little too much - heptagonal bashes or some like - I suspect that J.S. probably just pushed it in with his fingers and punched the center up with his fist and that was that.

Kinda fits his persona, ya know? There are some actors that really inhabit the roles they play - thinking Meryl Streep and others (please forget the recent Mamma Mia!) but others that are/were always themselves and that was enough. Jimmy Stewart and Gregory Peck come to mind. J.S. had that remarkable quality of completely sucking you in and making every scene center around himself in a totally believable way, while seeming like somebody down the street. The uncommon common man. The hat bash fits.

- Bill

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
You guys are INSANE!

What's your point? :D :D :D

Hey, folks, I didn't mean to sidetrack RBH's great thread with my hexagonal bash observation...:D Just thought I saw kind of a neat look (which may or may not be there in reality). It still might be a fun bash to try -- I think it should be called "The Six-Shooter." :D

OK, back to great thin ribbons in the movies...;)

Cheers,
JtL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo