Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This was parked out my front door today...

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
This 1940 Cadillac limo/hearse was awaiting the casket of some lucky guy during a funeral service at a Presbyterian church a couple of addresses from me. It was one of the most beautiful vintage autos I have ever seen.

1940Cadillac.jpg
[/IMG]

A cool ride for somebody on ice.

It is a pretty restoration on it, a real beauty. As a uncommon car too the hearse & ambulance bodies you just don't see everyday. Dean Martin had one as a custom limo in the Matt Helm series of movies.

Hearse ride from LAX to Las Vegas in "Diamonds Are Forever"
Thug: "I had a brudda, once."
Bond: "Small world."

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is a nice Caddy. :)

Anybody ever ride in one of those modern "Stretch Limos"?

I can't find anything luxurious about sliding through a standard car door and crawling on my hands and knees to my seat. :rage:

Harry Pierpont

One of the Regulars
Is it a hearse or a limo, the way the rear doors are arranged it looks more like a limo. Did the very rear have a door for loading/ unloading of the casket?
Either way VERY nice!!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Actually....i just did a quick bit of research and Mr. Pierpoint is correct.

Its a Stretch limo, not a combo hearse.

Actually found the company in MD they rented from...since they have a picture of that exact paint color combo and car....

http://www.americanclassiclimousinellc.com/fleet.shtml

Sadly, they have modernized a lot of the features, although thankfully not the exterior appearance.

Still very cool.

Jay

Practically Family
Tony in Tarzana said:
That is a nice Caddy. :)

Anybody ever ride in one of those modern "Stretch Limos"?

I can't find anything luxurious about sliding through a standard car door and crawling on my hands and knees to my seat. :rage:
They don't jack up the roof line anymore? That's ashame. There's an old (well mid 80s) Caddy limo in someones driveway by my house and the roof on that is as boxy and tall as could be. Guess they don't do that anymore? Anyone have any insight?

henderson field

New in Town
What a way to go!

What a beautiful piece of machinery!

A car like that is more than a vehicle for getting you from A to B. It is a symbol of a country suffused with confidence and looking to the future. They just don't make 'em like that any more!

As I gaze out of my office window ( yes I know I should be working!) at the line of cars crawling by, I can hardly distinguish between the makes and models. Uniform, steel bubbles with no flair; more concerned with their drag-coefficients than making a statement. Oh for the days when style meant something!

Sigh,

HF

P.S. If you gotta go, why not go with style!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
It's all relative,I suppose

Twitch said:
I'm not sure the guy awating it was actually "lucky" since he is dead:eusa_doh:

Well, if you have to be dead, may as well go out in style, baby!!

It's a pity we didn't know him, he may have been right at home on Fedora Lounge. :eusa_booh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats