Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

b1lf

One of the Regulars
We did this Aero Board Racer in Black Italian Vicenza Full Grain Vegetable Tanned Horsehide and the customer requested a Buco J-100 style...looks great! I wish we could have photographed this outside to capture the grain a bit better, but it was pouring rain all day...

View attachment 19181

View attachment 19182

View attachment 19183

View attachment 19184

View attachment 19185

View attachment 19182

View attachment 19181

Hi Carrie,

What is the difference between the "normal" board racer and the Buco J-100 style?

I actually scanned through each page of this thread, and have seen some customers actually request the Buco patch as well? Why is that? Am I missing something...

From what I take, the J-100 has a straight yoke and a vertical back seem. What does the "normal" one have?

Thanks.

Sent from my eyefone.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Hi Carrie,

What is the difference between the "normal" board racer and the Buco J-100 style?

I actually scanned through each page of this thread, and have seen some customers actually request the Buco patch as well? Why is that? Am I missing something...

From what I take, the J-100 has a straight yoke and a vertical back seem. What does the "normal" one have?

Thanks.

Sent from my eyefone.

Picture of the back of my normal Board Racer, which has a kidney panel instead of a yoke. Just a matter of personal taste.

IMG_5114.JPG

b1lf

One of the Regulars
Picture of the back of my normal Board Racer, which has a kidney panel instead of a yoke. Just a matter of personal taste.

View attachment 34292

Ahhhhh so both have vertical seam, but the "normal" one has a lower horizontal seam / kidney panel. Thanks!

Does anyone who has tried on both have an idea if they fit differently at all? Or purely cosmetic?

Sent from my eyefone.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi Carrie,

Thanks.

Sent from my eyefone.

There are a number of options here:

1) You can get a Board Racer styled and branded exactly like a Buco J-100...Buco Tag, Buco's straight slim fit, the works!

2) You can get a Board Racer with the Buco J-100 back...this is the most popular option...

3) You can get a standard Board Racer, like pawineguy posted above

All three of the above options have the same fit...slim and straight!

b1lf

One of the Regulars
There are a number of options here:

1) You can get a Board Racer styled and branded exactly like a Buco J-100...Buco Tag, Buco's straight slim fit, the works!

2) You can get a Board Racer with the Buco J-100 back...this is the most popular option...

3) You can get a standard Board Racer, like pawineguy posted above

All three of the above options have the same fit...slim and straight!

Thanks.

What type of lining would you recommend for SoCal (Santa Monica/LA)? Cotton? Satin?

Defiantly do not want any insulation..

Sent from my eyefone.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's an excellent custom Aero Hercules in Black Vicenza that just arrived! The grey Alpaca and Olive Drab stitching are a great combination with the leather!

Looks great, can't wait till it arrives here. Now its just a race between the jacket and the warmer weather lol

I'll post fit pics when it arrives.

b1lf

One of the Regulars
For your neck of the woods, the Black Sateen Liner is our recommendation...nice and thin...feels very nice on warmer days!

I'm guessing you have some pics of a black sateen liner? And when I'm ready for a fit jacket/leather samples, do you also have samples of the interior liners?

Sent from my eyefone.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm guessing you have some pics of a black sateen liner? And when I'm ready for a fit jacket/leather samples, do you also have samples of the interior liners?

Sent from my eyefone.

You can view an example of the black rayon liner here:

https://www.facebook.com/ThurstonBrosRoughWear/photos/pb.482843478421599.-2207520000.1440100560./923199641052645/?type=3&theater

We don't send out samples of liners nor of hardware, but our photos can really help with those decisions...Aero has tons and tons of options available...it's crazy!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925