Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tilley hat company for sale

Duper

Practically Family
The local news just broadcast that the Tilley Endurables company is for sale. The owner Alex Tilley announced it in a Canadian national newspaper today.

Tilley hats are not a big source of discussion here, but they do have a strong following up here in the frozen north. I own at least 4, including a couple of their winter ivy Caps. They are well made and will last you a lifetime. Great travel and sun hats. Some terrific standard models with an increasing of variety of fabrics and new models coming out almost every season.

I only hope the purchasers keep the company in Canada and that the quality also survives any transition.

We lost Biltmore, hope we don't lose Tilley too.

,,,Mike

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I have a Tilley Airflow that is my go-to traveling hat. It's been around the world a couple of times and is still going strong.

It's not as stylish or beautiful as my Optimo customs. But I've worn it in places and conditions where I wouldn't risk a fancier hat and the Tilley has always served me well. It really keeps the sun out of my face and the cord allows me to take it off without carrying it (helpful when your hands are full or holding on to a mountainside).

They have a great reputation among travelers. I hope the new owners share the founder's passion for quality and durability.

Edward

Bartender
Is there a good website for Tilley? I've only ever been aware of their sun hats before, which just aren't to my tastes. Ah, yes.... Tilley.com. Durr.... I would be interested if the new owners went for something perhaps a tocuh more traditional; I like the idea of a linen hat in a fedora shape. Some of the current line remind me of the Vietnam-era style 'boonie' hats I used to wear back in the very early 2000s.

They have always been a creatively managed company with excellent products. I hope the tradition survives a change in ownership.

Mr. Godfrey

Practically Family
I have a Tilley Airflow that is my go-to traveling hat. It's been around the world a couple of times and is still going strong.

It's not as stylish or beautiful as my Optimo customs. But I've worn it in places and conditions where I wouldn't risk a fancier hat and the Tilley has always served me well. It really keeps the sun out of my face and the cord allows me to take it off without carrying it (helpful when your hands are full or holding on to a mountainside).

They have a great reputation among travelers. I hope the new owners share the founder's passion for quality and durability.

Same as mine but mines a T4....it has trekked through a few jungles in Indonesia a few times and around the globe, as you say not as stylish as my Akubra safari but I do not mind getting abused.

I hope to that the quality does not suffer..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo