Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate EASTMAN (ELC) flying kit thread.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
aswatland said:
Steve, what size did your order, a 38 or a 40?

It is a size 38, it fits a little tight, but Gary said to stick to my regular size which I did. Very nice indeed. I like them a little tight anyway and this one fits the bill.:)

Marv

A-List Customer
Jacket looks excellent Steve and a real nice fit, how are the knits and waistband quality wise.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Better Duck said:
Hey Steve,

Great to see you in your newest acquisition, and great to hear you are so enthousiastic about it.
Fits you perfectly!

Peter

Thanks Peter, I just think Eastman and particularly Gary are paying attention to customer feedback. This new Werber just goes to show what a repro manufacturer can do. Everything from the knits to the "Warhorse" leather is new and improved for lack of a better word. Lots of complaints in the past about ELC's "smooth" leather and fragile knits, well, they can't complain anymore.:eusa_clap Bravo ELC. :eusa_clap

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Marv said:
Jacket looks excellent Steve and a real nice fit, how are the knits and waistband quality wise.

Marv, for now, excellent. From what Gary says they are totally new to this contract. They are thin as were the originals. I hear Gary sourced them specifically for this new jacket.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Estevan said:
It is a size 38, it fits a little tight, but Gary said to stick to my regular size which I did. Very nice indeed. I like them a little tight anyway and this one fits the bill.:)

That's great. I've just ordered mine in a size 40.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
DiabolicalAngel said:
Nice jacket !! How do the collars compare to other Eastmans? I have a RW and house A-2 and the collars look sort of 'dodgy'.
Cheers !

Well, it doesn't look like the old "Clown Collars" of the ELC RWs of yesterday. Is appears to follow the originals pretty good. The collar is the stand type, but will lay down pretty easy and will take little effort to mold it to the way you like it. Like I said, I'll try to get some better pictures posted tomorrow.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
That's great. I've just ordered mine in a size 40.

I think you will be pleasantly pleased. This was the first new jacket I have ever purchased and it is well worth it.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Estevan said:
I think you will be pleasantly pleased. This was the first new jacket I have ever purchased and it is well worth it.

I can't wait for it to arrive. Like you, Steve, I have never owned a new A2 before.

Estevan

One of the Regulars
I emailed Gary Eastman to let him kow I received the jacket and the fit of the Werber was spot on, I received the following reply:

Good news the fit is satisfactory. It seems everyone who has had one of these is happy with the size they got, and is the same size as they usually take. I was sceptical about how these would be received regarding the snugger fit, but so far so good.

So, if you are going to order your new Werber, they are saying you should order the normal size you take.:eek:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Eastmans are starting to get their act together with this latest product...

I also see they have tweaked their website too and it's looking really good.

Other makers need to watch and learn here with having a good website to market the products you are selling.

It's not just a jacket you are selling, it's marketing a dream to potential customers. That's why a company will pay BIG BUCKS to someone like Nicole Kidman to wear their perfume.

Eastmans already have established a good publicity/marketing campaign that is reflected in their website quality. And people will buy from them.

Now that the size issue and little things like collars are being ironed out, they are climbing up there alongside the top guns like RMNZ (get a good website guys) and BUZZ RICKSON (get an English website and make it easier for us Yanks and Brits to buy your stuff).

It always pleases me to see a product that the makers have got right and the punters appreciate (irrespective of the maker, just ANY maker is a plus!).

Estevan

One of the Regulars
You're 100% correct my friend. When we plop down almost 1000 USD for a jacket it should be the best and most correct reproduction it can be. I can not swallow excuses from a repro manufacturer. Either they get it right or the customer will go elsewhere. IMO ELC had gotten it pretty darn close to a perfect repro with their new Werber. We are into details and stitch count and 100% accuracy, that's why we pay what we pay. :D

Estevan

One of the Regulars
Full battery of Eastman Werber Pics (Finally)

Well the sun finally came put in not so sunny Spain today, so I thought I'd take some shots of the new Werber. Enjoy.

CIMG4591.jpg

CIMG4594.jpg

CIMG4603.jpg

CIMG4610.jpg

CIMG4593.jpg

CIMG4611.jpg

CIMG4609.jpg

CIMG4613.jpg

CIMG4602.jpg

CIMG4601.jpg

DiabolicalAngel

One of the Regulars
Sure does look sweet, the Hookless zipper is a killer, exactly the same as my Buzz Werber but of the later contract. Enjoy the jacket ! Can't wait until the show season starts over here at Duxford, I feel the urge to pick one of those up off ELC's mobile stand!!

Stinchcomb

One of the Regulars
Fantastic looking. About 3 weeks ago, I purchased a US Authentic HH Russet. I sent it back last week. It goes to show you get what you pay for. I can't afford an Eastman at the moment, but hope to one day. That is a great quality looking jacket.

I agree with aswatland, I too would like to see some pics after a little breakin time.

Jacob Dubow

Familiar Face
Great looking A-2, Steve. I really like the color of the knits in relation to the leather color. Thanks for those photos!!

Estevan

One of the Regulars
This will be my daily wearer, but I don't know how much time I will have to break it in before it starts getting warm again here in Spain. Hopefully I will be able to get a couple more months of wear time before I have to hang it up till next year.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21