Unfamiliar territory

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Guppy, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I haven't bought a new jacket in over a month now.

I keep seeing jacket's I'd buy if they were a bit cheaper, but I don't need them.

This is a weird feeling.

2. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

You are close- very close........

bn1966 and ton312 like this.
  3. willyto

willyto Practically Family

Don't you worry it will pass very soon. I was like that then all of a sudden I was buying the Himel Grizzly and then some mackinaws and then a lot more stuff. Thing is that I know I can get stuff for cheap so I don't bother anymore with expensive stuff and I learned that from the members here. You just have to know where to look.

bn1966, sweetfights and El Marro like this.
  4. mygar

mygar One of the Regulars

Buy a motorcycle... quickest way not to be able to afford new jackets lol

5. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I have one... and no payments on it. So, that's no excuse.

bn1966 and AeroFan_07 like this.
  6. mygar

Ha ... well i dont owe on bike... buying gear.... upgrades etc. New hobby and new costs.

7. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

You might be cured. I’ve felt that way before but the sickness always crept back in. Test yourself and delete the eBay app. If you make it a week you’re almost home. Two weeks you get a pin and a hot cup of coffee. A year...

8. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

I have been there before Guppy and I’m happy to say that it didn’t last! As willyto said, sometimes you come back twice as hard after a break like that.

sweetfights and ton312 like this.
  9. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

gotta be the newsboy cap causing that

Bfd70, Lebowski, Carlos840 and 2 others like this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

LOL. Burn the hat!

11. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

I actually really like the hat... which is a problem, because my girlfriend doesn't like it, and says she doesn't like it every time I wear it. She says it's because she's had only bad experiences with people who wear hats like that. So I just told her that was a ridiculous reason, and she was unfairly stereotyping, and that I would have to change her mind by being extra nice to her while wearing the hat, and that she would one day come around and appreciate how cute I am in it.

It's going to take a while.

12. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

In all honesty @Guppy you may have well run the gambit. There’s not much left in terms of leaves to turn over. There’s no harm in graduating. You’ll still be welcome at the reunion.

13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

And there’s always the cortisone shot...Thedi insta.

14. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

Seriously, though, in the last month:

• I missed on an Aero Highwayman and an Aero Sheene, both on ebay, that went for just one bid increment more than I put in on them. I didn't NEED either of them, just saw they were very nice looking examples, my size, and were reasonably priced. But I missed on them.
    • I put an offer in on another jacket, a bit lowball but I thought fair, and didn't get it.
    • And I put an offer on an LW jacket that I thought was very fair, but didn't get accepted.
    • I thought about the Thunder Bay on the Aero sale page, and wow was it nice, but a bit high priced for a sale jacket. And then the next day someone bought it.
    So I am very much still in hunting mode, but I'm halfhearted about it, not going for the kill, and OK for the chase to come up empty now.

I think hitting one of my grail goals in early January with the Freewheelers Switchyard Coat may have something to do with it.

Also, the full closets.

Also, the bank account.

But if I'm going to get anything more, I really need to sell off some things first. I definitely have some excess, but I also don't feel like there's any holes in my collection at this point.

JMax and El Marro like this.
  15. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

Oh yeah, there's definitely a couple of additional Thedi styles I could totally see myself in...

ton312 likes this.
  16. navetsea

navetsea Call Me a Cab

that's the tourist scenic long route, the quick way is by showing straight comparison

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  17. mygar

I defintely see myself in his B3 as i freeze my azz off watching my son train. But still waiting on 2 i have on order... hope all turns out ok :/

18. Guppy

Guppy Call Me a Cab

If I was going to get a shearling aviator jacket, it'd be an Irvin.

But I don't know. I almost got a Aero Highwayman with shearling lining in super heavy cordovan steer, but it didn't work out.

I've thought about some others, like the Thunder Bay I mentioned above.

But the more I think about it, the more I think climate change will make shearling jackets largely obsolete in my part of the world in a few more years.

19. mygar

Yea being period correct for me is not a concern of mine. But does the style suit me and is it easy to wear. It seems his B3 shearling thickness is for moderate temps... but not sure

20. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

This is terrible! Guys, we need to launch an intervention, NOW! The Gupster seriously needs some major help. Don't be an enabler of disenablement! Scour the 'Bay! Trawl the thrift shops! Be not idle lest a brother turn apostate! Come back, Guppy . . . come back . . .