Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Urine suit

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Wil Tam said:
Why would you even consider purchasing a suit that the slacks have urine stains on it??? :eek:

A stain is a stain. Why purchase a suit with a sweat stain? If it comes out there's nothing to worry about. [huh]

For $5 it's worth a shot.

Some stains are more difficult than others.

With a nod to Rob.

It comes up every now and then, urine stains on a piece of clothing. Some of these won't come out no matter what you use on the stain. Biz and other types of enzyme treatments may not even touch it.

I don't know the how or why of this but our friend found out that if you urinate on the stain, and let it sit for a bit, the liquid urine has a good chance of disolving and removing the stain. Of course you need to wash it while it is still wet. So it is a case of like disolving like or using a diamond to cut a diamond.:eek:

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Maybe the Old Dead guy got stung in the groin by a jelly fish, and someone else urinated on him to make it not sting?

Of course, he'd have to be pants-less, or have a whole in his pants...

guess there's a hole in my logic there...

My grandma can get just about any stain out of anything. I'll ask her.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
John in Covina said:
if you urinate on the stain, and let it sit for a bit, the liquid urine has a good chance of disolving and removing the stain.
:eusa_doh:

dr greg

One Too Many
stop pissing about

As any soldier or bushman should know, urine is sterile, and can be used safely to wash instruments you might need for serious first aid, it also toughens the feet when sloshed in your boots before a march, and will do the same to your hands if you have some digging to do,....if the suit's good enough, get it dry-cleaned (assuming they aren't too precious and will take the job), and if the stain won't come out, chuck it away.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The grossery bill

So, on an even grosser note, I thought I'd add to the conversation that some years ago there was a president of India (whose name luckily escapes me now) who drank a glass of his own urine every morning. He swore by its beneficial properties.
On an equally inane note, I assume you'll wear this suit with a pea coat?

just_me

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
So, on an even grosser note, I thought I'd add to the conversation that some years ago there was a president of India (whose name luckily escapes me now) who drank a glass of his own urine every morning. He swore by its beneficial properties.
Do you mean former Ugandan President Idi Amin or do you mean Gandhi? They both drank their own urine. :eek:

dr greg

One Too Many
it's de size that matters

The Indian Prime Minister you think of was Morarji Desai, and our PM of the time, the witty Gough Whitlam, famously quipped when the Indian PM was late for some State meeting; "he must have been on the piss again", which might puzzle Americans, but is quite funny to those of us with a more British sense of humour. lol

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
In my experience, dry cleaning doesn't do a thing to old urine stains. I have a suit with mild stains that I've been working on (off-and-on) for a year or so. Dry cleaning didn't touch them; hand washing lightened them somewhat; treating them with pet stain remover and then washing lightened them quite a bit. They're almost gone, but still faintly present. It's a fairly large-size suit, and a three-piece, so if I can get them out I'd like to sell it to a Lounger who can appreciate it.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
5 bucks?

thunderw21 said:
A stain is a stain. Why purchase a suit with a sweat stain? If it comes out there's nothing to worry about. [huh]

For $5 it's worth a shot.

You're absolutely right... why the hell not buy a nice suit that is stained with another persons urine or sweat, if you want to then you go right ahead .. a nice suit is no longer nice if it is ruined by stains, any kind of stains .. take the chance if you like .. $5 + s/h + cleaning cost or just follow John in Covinos' advice and try using your own pee to get out the old pee left by someone else...

Why don't you try to grab a picture of the suit in question and post it here for our consideration.

Oh yeah .. I wouldn't even consider looking at a used suit if it's stained in any way especially if it's urine... that's just nasty! :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerryShaw