Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Valkyrie?

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Still looking for help on this hat pin/pin/hat. Champ Bristol shown on hat box but is this a stylized RS(XB) 70 Valkyrie? The canards eliminate it being the Concorde but maybe the TU144 "Concordskii".
img063.jpg

CIMG1080-1.jpg

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Dunno Tommy, all the photos I see of the Tu-144 seem to show much thinner canards on either side of the fuselage. They did seem to be hinged or cantelievered, but I can't confirm that in any of the photos I'm finding..

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Robert & DiamondBack. The engine humps were the main confusion. I was surprised to see this hat and pin since there were only two made and they never saw active service except as a test bed.
Tom D.

There was a third, but it never flew and seems to have mysteriously vanished from history right before it was to be scrapped at the final station of the line. If you've seen the model at the Smithsonian, it's distinctly AV3, the "disappeared" bird--each article was "evolved" from the previous design based on flight experience.

Jay

Practically Family
St.Ignatz said:
Thanks for the additional DB. Jay, could you show that with a coin or mounted for scale?

I don't know why but this thread reminded me of this artifact, supposedly a pre-colombian representation of an airplane. I'm not sure why I didn't think anyone else would know of it, but on the subject of identifying strange models of planes, it clicked with me. Here's some info on it, if you're interested. Sorry for the lame joke-
http://forgetomori.com/2008/skepticism/ancient-jets-the-amazing-flying-beings/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21