Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Victory Garden....

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
What's your favorite Home Grown Vegetable ???

I love Zuchinni, followed by Tomatoes.

Wish I could grow a decent ear of Corn !

Oh, and Onions hate me.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Potatoes, because you just can't fail to grow them. And all the basics that a victory garden needs: onions (tried them from seed rather than sets this year - and it worked!), carrots, leeks, spinach, kale, brussel sprouts, cabbage, parsnips, peas and beans, the whole range of salad vegetables, oh and nearly forgot - garlic. Haven't had huge success there yet but I usually get something garlicky and bulbous.

Need to get a greenhouse or a polytunnel to get the tomatoes going, and once that's there I'll be doing peppers, chillis, courgettes, and might have a go at aubergine (eggplant).

I'm hungry!

jdjs

Familiar Face
Favorites? Green onions (when they're still small), baby carrots and leeks.

Managed potatoes, tomatoes (beefstake and heirloom purple), peppers, rutabega, lettuce, cabbage, pumpkin. corn (although not spectacular), peas (regular, sugar snap and pods), bok choy, sui choy, beets, string beans, lima beans, radishes and herbs. Failures included watermelon (I knew it wouldn't grow, but just had to try), garlic (I can get every other allium to grow, but garlic just hates me) and strawberries.

Nothing is as good as vegetables fresh from your own garden!

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I love the berries: raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and they are so easy that even I can manage it.

Top three veggies are absolutely cukes, tomatoes, and asparagus.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Tomatoes. Because it is impossible to get a good-tasting tomato at the grocery store. Home-grown tomatoes are just bursting with flavor, we grew some in our garden this summer which were so good I would just eat them by themselves with nothing else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner